cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP - Dlink G604T or something

N/A

Right, Connected for the first time this morning after migration from Tiscali! Bit annoyed as i had to wait 20mins on the phone to make it work and im on 512 not 1mb like i was with Tis. To think i change for an improvment in service and support!

Anyway, Im not getting a static ip like i should. Each time i connect its different and it says 'im using a dyamic ip' in member centre!

Any ideas?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

If you are on Broadband Plus then your IP will be dynamic. Premier, PAYG etc are all static IP's.

Have support given any reason as to why you have only been migrated at 512?

Welcome to Plus Net btw.
N/A

Im paying 21.99 for premier :shock:

Not sure if im allowed to quote support replies but..

When you migrated, we just migrated your old circuit which was 512k as you have now. As you didn't request to upgrade after the migration you are still on 512 however if you wish to upgrade now you can do so but there would be a one off fee of £14.99 as this is payable to BT.

Im quite annoyed tbh, I was on a 1mb package and its the max i can have with high attentuation figures. About 55 i think.

I was under the impression i would be migrated on my current speed/max possible speed.

I wasnt on a '512k circuit' before as i was connected at 1152 and speedtests showing ~950kbs.

Now im connected at 576 in my router and showing ~460
N/A

If your on Premier then you should be using a static IP.

I wonder if somthing has gone wrong. In your account details on the left does it say Premier up to 2mb?

There is no problem copying support tickets as long as the agents name is removed.

As for the response on your ticket, I would certainly query that. Someone has got the wrong end of the stick.
N/A

Im definatley on premier, Im just not getting a static ip for some reason and im on 512k Sad Sad Sad
N/A

Give them a ring or raise a ticket and ask them to address both issues.

Hope you get sorted soon.
N/A

I rung earlier, 20mins wait so not too keen on that again. How much does it cost?

I have a ticket raised about my speed and domain at the mo so ill do a static ip one once these issuses are sorted!
Community Veteran

Don’t wait to raise the ticket on the static IP address, are allowed to open 3 simultaneous tickets on the portal tool.

The sooner you open the ticket the sooner it will be resolved.

Chilly
N/A

Suppose, I was expecting a bit of a less trouble free move lol.
N/A

Indeed. It generally is fairly trouble free. I guess that sods law dictates that one has to go wrong every once in a while. Smiley
N/A

Right im on static now, He had to fiddle with something.

I thought this came with premier accounts as standard!