cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static/Dynamic IP

N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

Hi,
Do you guys have an activate/deactivate static IP option on Connection Settings -> Static IP on 2MB Plus. Or is it only for Premium packages?
23 REPLIES
N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

All accounts (adsl) with the exception of Plus have static IP's.
We do not have the option to turn them off.
N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

Hi, for premium packages is there an option to activate or deactivate static IPs? Or is the IP assigned permanent?
N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

There is no option to turn off static IP's.
N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

That option seems to be available on the plus package, but I have never tried it.
csogilvie
Grafter

Static/Dynamic IP

The static IP icon appears on all accounts - including 0845 PAYG from memory, it just won't do much on those packages.
N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

Where abouts does it appear?

I'm moving from NILDRAM, and I had a specified static IP address. I can see no sign of what my new IP address for the router will be.
Community Veteran

Static/Dynamic IP

See here;
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection
And select "Static IP"

Chilly
N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

Hmm, I don't get a Static IP option. Maybe coz I'm on Plus. Perhaps I need to upgrade to Premier.
Community Veteran

Static/Dynamic IP

Plus, does not come with a static IP address.

Chilly
N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

Oh. Can anyone with Premium tell me whether or not you can activate or devativate static IP in your connection settings. Also is your IP address totally permanent?
Community Veteran

Static/Dynamic IP

Your static IP address is permanent.

Plus.Net will only change the address if you can give them a very good reason.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Static/Dynamic IP

Premier products ONLY have static IPs and you get assigned yours when you first register and from hat point on that is the IP you will always get.

It cannot be disabled via the portal. The only way to get it changed is if you are being targeted by other systems with a DoS (denial of service) attack or something similar or you can give them a very good reason why it must be changed, and then you get another static IP assigned.
N/A

Static/Dynamic IP

OIC. What about BB+? I had an option to activate/deactivate static IP until yesterday when it suddenly disappeared from my connection settings.
Community Veteran

Static/Dynamic IP

BB+ use dynamic IPs. The static IP icon was probably removed on all BB+ accounts in the last portal update refresh.