cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up shut down problems

N/A

Start up shut down problems

I notice several people complaining of the same problems with windows hanging on startup and shut down since adsl installed.

I have that problem running windows98 with the dynamode A360 usb modem.

I hope someone can find a solution because it's driving me mad :mad: and so far CS has come up with a blank

It must be something to do with the modem because when I unplug it, windows starts up and shuts down with no problem. I've swapped usb devoces and even tried a powered usb hub but no luck so far Sad
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Start up shut down problems

W98 does have some conflict issues that cause shutdown problems. Have a look here to see:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q202633

Another thing may be worth trying is to reduce your hardware acceleration setting for your graphics display. This worked for me on an old computer running w98 with a pii processor.
N/A

> I notice several people complaining of the same problems with windows hanging on startup and shut down since adsl installed.
>
> I have that problem running windows98 with the dynamode A360 usb modem.
>
> I hope someone can find a solution because it's driving me mad :mad: and so far CS has come up with a blank
>
> It must be something to do with the modem because when I unplug it, windows starts up and shuts down with no problem. I've swapped usb devoces and even tried a powered usb hub but no luck so far Sad

I had similar problems with Registry errors on Win 98. The advice frm CS was not useful, The drivers on the web site were the same as on the disk.. and I don't want to reinstall Windows when everything else is fine. I think Plusnet need to invetigate this further with their modem supplier.(I also use A360 USB modem)
N/A

I don't know if this is any help or not. But i had the same problem,[ windows hanging ] but not all the time.
I found the answer to my problems was to shut down Zone Alarm before going off line and then switching it back as soon as you go back on-line.

Mick.

PS thanks for the information the other week cliff.It's seems to have solved the speed problem.