cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standby power settings

N/A

Standby power settings

Has anyone using a Zoom etxternal USB ADSL modem ever managed to get it to stay on when win XP is placed in Standby mode Huh

What I want to do is have my PC on 24/7 but to be kind to the enviroment have it switch into stby or suspended mode
I have tryed all the various ACPI settigs etc but cannot get the dam modem to stay on so when I return I have to wait for line sync again,this does not always happen forcing me to re-boot.

I like the always on ADSL bit but a PC dosen't !!!!

Jim
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Standby power settings

then dont put it on standby...

N/A

then dont put it on standby...

N/A

I had the very same problem with the same happening on 3 different PCs. You will not believe the things I went through to sort it out, took me 3 weeks only to find that the ZOOM Modem uses the same IRQ address with other items on the PC and this upsets the modem and it shut down or looses sink. Inserting a PCI USB CARD solved the problem and I am now connected 24/7 even in standby mode, maybe you could give this a try.

--
Barcast
N/A

>
> I had the very same problem with the same happening on 3 different PCs. You will not believe the things I went through to sort it out, took me 3 weeks only to find that the ZOOM Modem uses the same IRQ address with other items on the PC and this upsets the modem and it shut down or looses sink. Inserting a PCI USB CARD solved the problem and I am now connected 24/7 even in standby mode, maybe you could give this a try.
>
>
> I Have already inserted a PCI USB2 card and still cant keep it on in standby however I have since discovered that winxp has disabled the acpi for somereason during install even though the mobo is compliant so a re-install of windows bekons I think :-(
> --
> Barcast