cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable rate at 500!!! Have I been maxed??

N/A

Hi

I have been away for a few months, and my account has not been used. All I have done on my account is to change to BBYW option 1 to reduce the payments whilst I was away. I have come back, and found my previously stable 2Mb fixed line is not at 500kbps?? Have I been maxed without my knowledge?? Could I be put back onto the fixed 2Mb line please, and then let me see how I go, and select max if I want it.
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Looking at your account it shows that you were Maxed around this time last year. If you raise a ticket on your account asking to be moved back to the 2Mb line we'll try to place this order for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Chris

Thanks, before we move back, is it normal for the stable rate to drop like this is the line is not being used, or in sync ( as I have a USB modem)

Also, what have my sync rates been like on MAX, and whats the attenuation and SNRM ( if you can get it, not sure how to on my modem). Having moved to BBYW option 1 am I eligible for a new modem/router?? mine is an old sagem one, I got when I was with Tiscali (spit!!)
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like it's been set at 500 since back in September. It may be that you have only just noticed it now.
If you want to try 2Mb if we can place it then raise the ticket and PM me, I'll place it myself.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Having moved to BBYW option 1 am I eligible for a new modem/router?Huh

Should be eligable for a BT Voyager 210 modem/router for free provided you stay with PlusNet for twelve months. If you're likely to want to switch up to BBYW Options 3 or 4 (now that you're back from your trip and may want increased usage allowances and/or P2P and usenet performance) it's worth doing that now as you're entitled to a free wireless router instead.

Raise a ticket asking for this and agreeing to the postage and packaging charge (£5.99 as I recall).

Might be worth hanging fire on returning to a fixed rate product until you've got the new router and have gone through this tutorial to ensure you've optimised your internal wiring.

The PlusNet userguide also includes details of how to get router stats from that model which should help us determine the maximum speed your line will support.
N/A

Thanks LeStones.

I have had a bit of help getting PC back to normal again. After managing to find my line stats, it appears that I sync at 4900 with an Attn of 38dB, and SNRM of 15dB. I presume BT have set it so high as I havnt synced for so long. Anyhow, I transpires that after a BT speed test, my IP profile is 4000, but the MSR I have from plus is 500kbps. Think this is the cause of the issues. I have replyed to the ticket asking for the regrade to be cancelled, and the MSR reset. I presume after so many months, plus have not had any delta reports from BT.

If any kindly passing CSC agents are around could they action this for me please Wink :lol:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andy,

I've replied to your ticket, tried to give you a quick call too but got your answer machine.
The order to move to fixed rate has been cancelled and it looks like BT have moved your bRAS to 4000. Rebooting your modem/router should allow these speeds to come through.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Thanks Chris. I appreciate the prompt reply. Any chance of having BT reduce my SNRM or is that asking too much of BT :roll:

If not, how long will it take for the SNRM to come down to a nominal 6dB?

EDIT!!

Chris I am posting from my brother in laws system, and he is logged in, thats why its a different username!!