cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Rate Stuck at 2000

KevH
Grafter

I'm one of a number of customers whose stable rate has been stuck at 2000 since the DSLmax upgrade (I was ugraded on 2 May). My router has been syncing at 8128/448 ever since the upgrade.

The responses to the ticket (19598010) I raised is that PN know about the problem, but they can't give me any idea when it will be fixed.

Does anybody else have anything more concrete from PN about when we can expect to have this problem fixed? It's a real shame I can't take advantage of the higher speed that would be available

Cheers

Kevin

[Margins: Upstream NM 15dB, attn 22dB. Down/s NM 12dB, attn 18dB]
6 REPLIES
N/A

Ask again. I had the same issue and it was manually adjusted by PN within 3 hours. It might help to also quote your NM and Attn figures to demonstrate that your line is in no way 'marginal' for an 8128kbps sync.

Alan
N/A

I had the same problem, 'Try' and raise this via question. Mine was dealt with fairly quickly. Don't expect to get the speed your line stats indicate though. My stable rate has remained at 8000 after being manually raised from 2000 but speeds rarely reach half of that.
KevH
Grafter

Thanks Guys

PN replied to my ticket this morning saying they changed the account, but to wait up to 48hrs to see a difference. I've just checked and my SR is now 8000 :lol:

Cheers - Kev
Andy_P
Dabbler

My stable rate is 4500Kbps with the following line margins: Upstream NM 26dB, attn 44dB. Down/s NM 13dB, attn 39dB.

My speed tests seem to be ‘stuck’ around the 2Mbps mark.

Do you think it is worth raising a ticket or is this all I should expect?

Thx

Andy
KevH
Grafter

Hi Andy

I've run 3 speed tests (all peak hours so far), and not managed to get more than 1.9Mbps. My exchange is showing green so I guess I need to try a BT speedtest offpeak to see if I have a problem somewhere else.

I guess if you raise a ticket they will ask you to run a BT speedtest several times before they look any further.

Cheers

Kev
N/A

Stable rate remains the same at 8000
Router stats say 8028 down and 448 up.

Tried plusnets speed test between 3am and 5am in the morning and the speeds remain the same at around 3600 average same as during the day.

Have terrific line stats and only 1 kilometre from exchange. Always had near perfect speed pre maxdsl. This can't be a contention issue at 3 in the morning.
So why am I receiving such slow speeds. Could this be that there is not enough capacity at the exchange? Am I being limited in some way?
If I can't get any higher speed then why does my stable rate never change from the full 8000?

I realise that many people can't achieve anywhere near the speeds I am achieving now and many have no connection whatsoever but this is baffling and could give insight into the overall problems.

Dave