cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet to Track Broadband Usage

N/A

Presently PlusNet do not provide an easy means of tracking your Bandwidth Usage against your account limit - and as a new user I needed to have some idea of what rate my allowance was being used - without frequently resorting to my calculator.

To meet this need I have designed a spreadsheet - which additionally:

predicts likely usage - based on existing use so far for current period;

calculates the maximum average daily usage to keep within the account limit - based on remaining time and BW.

Forum posts indicate I am not alone with this requirement - so I have made this Excell2000 spreadsheet available for download - on an "as is" basis.

The design is such that usage for successive months can be included for future reference.

To download (25kb) - goto the private page - http://www.goodconnexions.plus.com/usage/broadband_usage_excell2000.html - (private in-as-much that this is the only link).

I hope you find it useful

James
3 REPLIES
N/A

Hi
Have just downloaded your spreadsheet, will give it a test. Could be very handy for keeping a up to date record of total monthly usage Cool
N/A

In view of the high number of people voting the original spreadsheet too cumbersom - I've added a much simplified version just to track of current usage with overusage prediction - but without the abilty to store historical records.

This is also available via the link on my original post.

Although with the current VMU problems its all a bit fraught.

James
N/A

Hi James
Thought the sp/sheet was ok, although I did one or two mods myself, but if you have updated it I will have another look.

Yes this VMU is causing a real problem for some +net members, but as I have indicated in previous posts, mine seems to be ok, its only the "summary of previous months" that seems to be wrong, why I don't know