cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtouch 510

N/A

Speedtouch 510

Hi,

I've got a speedtouch 510 v4 and was wondering if anyone else was having problems setting up port forwarding on it.

I am trying to open a tcp port and a udp port but it keeps saying there was an error when I am trying to set up the udp port. turning the unit of and on again will let me put in the details and it will work for a while(sometimes 5 mins, sometimes a couple of hours) and then will delete the entry from the napt settings screen.
I'm using a ip address assigned by the router if this makes any difference.

Anyone else had any problems or know how to sort it out ?

Cheers

Bill
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Speedtouch 510

I am guessing that you are using DHCP if so when you forward a port it would work as long as the ip was there but on next logon it may not get the same ip. I you set your pc to a fixed ip and then forward to it it should work.

>
> Hi,
>
> I've got a speedtouch 510 v4 and was wondering if anyone else was having problems setting up port forwarding on it.
>
> I am trying to open a tcp port and a udp port but it keeps saying there was an error when I am trying to set up the udp port. turning the unit of and on again will let me put in the details and it will work for a while(sometimes 5 mins, sometimes a couple of hours) and then will delete the entry from the napt settings screen.
> I'm using a ip address assigned by the router if this makes any difference.
>
>
> Anyone else had any problems or know how to sort it out ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Bill

N/A

RE: Speedtouch 510

> I am guessing that you are using DHCP if so when you forward a port it would work as long as the ip was there but on next logon it may not get the same ip. I you set your pc to a fixed ip and then forward to it it should work.
>
>
>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a speedtouch 510 v4 and was wondering if anyone else was having problems setting up port forwarding on it.
> >
> > I am trying to open a tcp port and a udp port but it keeps saying there was an error when I am trying to set up the udp port. turning the unit of and on again will let me put in the details and it will work for a while(sometimes 5 mins, sometimes a couple of hours) and then will delete the entry from the napt settings screen.
> > I'm using a ip address assigned by the router if this makes any difference.
> >
> >
> > Anyone else had any problems or know how to sort it out ?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Bill
>
>

Thanks for the reply,

I have set the ip leases to 10 days so it keeps the same address.

The problem is not when i turn the machine off, it can happen randomly even when the machine is left on.

I will give the static IP idea a go and see if it helps.