cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed???

bikepump
Grafter

Speed???

Since about 24hrs ago, my speeds are completely awful. Pages take minutes to load, utorrent is crawling, my game ping's spike rapidly (making them unplayable) and i have been having problems connecting to teamspeak.

could someone please tell me what's happening?

I was wondering if my line was being upped to the 8 meg (from my current 2 meg), but it seems many others are having this problem at the moment.

On the subject of that does anyone know when i am likely to have my speed increased? (Living in the East Midlands)

Could someone also inform me of the levels or "restrictions" that apply when using broadband ... what each one does.

Many thanks,

bikepump! :lol:
8 REPLIES
johnmglen
Grafter

Speed???

Mate, mine was a complete pile of **** over the last 3 days. Worse than dial up in fact! I am in PE10 area of Lincs, so somewhere near you I presume?? Anyway, use the BB fault checker on PNs site, then use the BT speedtest, if you are having probs it should show, then you can raise a ticket with PN. Worked for me.

Both can be accessed from this link

http://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?Ea82ChdSAqqwtYJcjZV%2Fjl8BeHfnW7og76mloXxJV9XFyRVJeEpVZrrGHDFW...

Good luck.
bikepump
Grafter

Speed???

ty 4 the reply.

i tried the fault checker turns out my local exchange are having problems ... should be back up to normal speeds in a few days/

if you don't mind me asking, what was wrong with yours?
johnmglen
Grafter

Speed???

Mine was showing as a fault with some of the network out there in BB land. PN raised the fault and (I believe) got BT involved - all sorted now. Now it's all working a treat again, I hope it stays that way. At least if it goes again, I know the proceedure. :lol: :lol:

In fairness to PN, I've been with them years and this is the first total catastrophe!!

Cheers.

John
N/A

Speed???

My connection has been a bag of hammers for the past coupe of days too. I live in the North East though. My router is showing that it's connected at 2400kbps but every speed test I've done shows a d/l speed of 242kbps. Evil Evil Evil Constantly dropping connection and my gaming pings are through the roof. I also have trouble connecting to Ventrilo and Xfire!

I tried the fault checker but the speed tester kept telling me I was using an IP address other than the one they have listed for my line. :? So I had to cancel it.

TBH, I've noticed a steady decline in the service I've received from PN in the past 3-4 months. Sad I'de always found them spot on and would recommend them to anyone, now I looking for a new ISP and would advise anyone who asks to avoid PN. :roll: Just so happens that Sky have sent me another email about their BB service. My cousin is with them and has had no problems at all so far. Might give them a try.
UberMensch
Grafter

Speed???

I've been having terrible speeds lately, but the fault checker is saying my closest exchange is red. One of the downfalls of a contented service.

Maybe someone could give BT a kick up the arse?
bikepump
Grafter

Speed???

im glad to see its now just me, all gamers are having probs - tho not with xfire personally Sad
N/A

Speed???

Im getting the same thing every page i look at now takes ages to load plus gaming is slow and i cant stream 5-10 min clips with out waiting 30mins-1hour. This has started around december and is still happening. Is somthing going to be done about this plus net?
N/A

Speed???

My connection has been a bag of hammers for the past coupe of days too. I live in the North East though. My router is showing that it's connected at 2400kbps but every speed test I've done shows a d/l speed of 242kbps. Evil Evil Evil Constantly dropping connection and my gaming pings are through the roof. I also have trouble connecting to Ventrilo and Xfire!

I tried the fault checker but the speed tester kept telling me I was using an IP address other than the one they have listed for my line. :? So I had to cancel it.

TBH, I've noticed a steady decline in the service I've received from PN in the past 3-4 months. Sad I'de always found them spot on and would recommend them to anyone, now I looking for a new ISP and would advise anyone who asks to avoid PN. :roll: Just so happens that Sky have sent me another email about their BB service. My cousin is with them and has had no problems at all so far. Might give them a try.

Im thinking about doing the same thing if skys ok then I might move too.