cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problem

Cocanuta

Speed problem

Hi, i am currently on the Broadband up to 8mb. Though i was only just upgraded to 8mb from 2mb, after the 10 days of change over, it was all running fine. The past few days, i have been getting allot of speed problems during peek time, i took a look at the speed test and it says im running at 128kbs, when i should be running at 8mb.

I can use some things fine, such as Skype (a voip program), but it then has trouble browsing and i can barely use Xbox Live on my Xbox 360.

I use a Netgear router, everything is connected with wires, no wireless involved. It cant be skype causing it, i used to be able to use skype during peek time when i had 2mb internet, now with 8mb it should only be better.

Also, i have barely been online for this month, i had computer problems during the 10 days of testing after my upgrade, but now im using a backup computer i put together.

Can anyone help me out, id like to chat to friends while i play on my Xbox360.

Thanks in advance,
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Speed problem

please advise your router stats and if possible run this test and advise the result http://speedtester.bt.com/
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Speed problem

See here for help using the BT Speedtester and here for help getting line stats from most common models of modem.
Cocanuta

Speed problem

Sorry it took so long to reply, i even had trouble accessing the website. I will use it again during peek time tonight, as of now it gave me these results:

IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6040 kbps

I will post the results of a test completed during peek hours (the time i have the speed problems) then hopefully this matter can be sorted, or at least i know what the problem is.

Thanks in advance,
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Speed problem

Hi there,

You may find this page helpful in understanding why your speeds are currently restricted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

Speed problem