cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed of Broadband Installation

N/A

Hello,

So far the service I have received from Plusnet is pretty shambolic. I ordered broadband a couple of weeks a go and when I look at the status of my order, it still shows as 'we've found a problem with your line.'

Tried calling them and was kept on hold for 10 minutes and gave up.

Is this typical of the service? Is anyone from Plusnet reading this?
3 REPLIES
N/A

yeah- I've had a few problems too. I signed up on July 3rd and my order got stuck on "checking details" for a couple of weeks. I had to contact plusnet to get the order progressed (looking through forum posts it seems that orders do get stuck quite often). My money has now been taken but I have had a further two weeks of "activating your line". I contacted plusnet yesterday who said that the initial order to BT had failed (presumably because of a tag on the line from the previous occupant's ISP) and that the order had been resubmitted: completion date 7th August.

This means it will be at least 6 weeks from initial order to connection which is a LOT longer than I had anticipated. I wouldn't mind so much if plusnet had contacted me when my orders stuck/failed but on both occasions I had to chase them up.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

@lbs26

It looks like your line wasn't actually active or wasn't showing in the BT ordering systems on the 22nd July. We normally call when this happens and if we can't get through we send a ticket to you, which I can see on your account.

I can see the line is now present in the ordering system so I've placed this for you. It should take around 5-7 working days to complete. Sorry about the delay.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

@jorvik29

Sorry about the delays you had with the initial setup. We did have a problem at the start of July where orders were not getting placed correctly and as such we were not receiving any rejection notices. This has now been fixed and your order placed for the earliest date possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team