Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed increase?

thecookhouse
Grafter

Speed increase?

Hi,

I have noticed my connection seems to be quicker over the last couple of day and the PN Bandwidth Checker states I have a download speed of 2877.5 kbps whereas it always used to show something in the 1800/1900s.

I am on BB+ 2mb and have received no notification of any change to my connection.

Is it likely that I am being maxed and if so, is there anything I can do (i.e turning router off and on every day) to improve my chance of increased speed?

(My router reports a Downstream rate of 4000kps - is this relevant?)

Any help appreciated.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Speed increase?

you wont recieve notification, but that certainly looks like youve been put onto max, the top speed will fluctuate a lot in the days to come
ferryman
Grafter

Speed increase?

Everyone knows it is preferable to leave the router on for the first 3 days but there is more to it than that.
From my experiences during the training period I would say avoid switching your PC on for short periods and off again . (This is something I normally do during the day.) The BT software seems to interpret this as a fault and restarts training mode again and again adding to the frequency of disconnects and instability. My connection really settled down when I left my PC on for about 12 hours in 1 day.

Terry_P
boone70
Grafter

Speed increase?

i LEFT MINE ON FOR 14 HOURS ONE DAY BUT IT IS STILL RUBBISH
N/A

Speed increase?

Damn right. My 2mb is anything from 1.7 to 900k. During testing I had a one off 5mb connection. Seems Im not on max now then. Have quality phone lines and live almost next to exchange. Father in law has 8.1 all the time and lives a few hundred yards away. Big thumbs down to Plus for this one. Boo!