cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed for 1mb deal

N/A

Speed for 1mb deal

Hi folks

Im a complete newbie and have just upgraded from dial-up to this 1mb deal with plus net.
Just done a speed test and it showed that my download 'true' spead was 780 and 'actual' download speed was 732.

Now Im not sure whether to be disappointed, or if this is actually quite respectable. Any view on the matter would be apreciated.

Cheers folks.

PS Hi all Smiley
5 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

Speed for 1mb deal

welcome to +net !
seems low to me, peruse the forums for details of tweaking your settings
Community Veteran

Speed for 1mb deal

You will need to adjust your MTU and RWIN values to get the best speed. They are different so no one setting will be the best for all connections.

See MTU tweak.
N/A

Speed for 1mb deal

Thanks for that folks.

Will look into MTU and RWIN values. Just hope its easy as I am the stage where I can turn a PC on and off and thats about it lol

Watch out for next post when I've broke the damn thing :?
keithcalder
Grafter

Speed for 1mb deal

Use Dr tcp, which is readily available for download and extremely easy to use, there are many mtu/rwin setting posted on the forum for you to try and its simpl a case of punching the numbers into Dr Tcp and rebooting , just try a few different setting until you obtain a maximum result. Different settings work for different people so I don't think there is one particular fixed setting that wouls apply to everyone. Oh and welcome to +Net, I think you will be more than pleased with them, I certainly am.
N/A

Speed for 1mb deal

Cheers for that Keith. Doesnt sound too complicated so will have a go when get home.

Have to say am pleased so far with +Net, seem organised and on the ball with decent customer service too.