cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problems

N/A

Speed Problems

Since the weekend I have been having speed problems, I am on a 1MB connection yet using the adsl guide, BT Speed Tester, and PN Speed tester I am only getting 350 to 550kbs, I have reported to PN and they say they will have to report to BT, is anybody else having same problem?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Speed Problems

Yes I have just started experiencing the same problems. I am on 2mb and just now I did a speed test:
downstream 275 Kbits
upstream 234 Kbits

Ping is shot to hell as well - first jump in tracert shows pings of up to 1000, normally its a solid 20 Sad
N/A

Speed Problems

I have had lows of 90kbs, 4 days without being able to stream a 35kbs radio station without it buffering every 20 secs and all for 29.99 a month, well worth the money.
N/A

Speed Problems

Got a reply - apparently bt have problems at busy times, and are dropping connection speeds right down. Fix due by 25th May :?
N/A

Speed Problems

By busy times , do they mean 8am Sunday morning, which is when I ran a couple of tests?
N/A

Speed Problems

Don't know - I assume whenever lots of people are using the net. The problem is local to my exchange in Bristol so unless you live there this won't be effecting you.

Below is what I was told:

The following comment was added to the ticket
Dear Mr Buckler,
Results: Almondsbury Code: SSALM

County: Avon

Enabled: 30 Sep 2000

Map: link

Virtual paths: Red

BT is reporting that some of the virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.

At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.

The ETA fix time is: 25 May 05