cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Offer

N/A

Special Offer

Hi all.

Long time no post here for me, been a few months.... layout takes a bit getting used to.... nice though.

Anyway, the topic of discussion. Just been over to www.adslguide.org and read that Bulldog are offering a 2MBit line for under £30 including VAT. Snag is that the line is only at 2MBits at off peak times i.e. from 6 PM to 8 AM and at all other times it is a 512KBit line. It's still a good offer and I was wondering if PlusNet are going to do something similar... I for one would definatly be interested in such an offer for a few more pounds.

Asim.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Special Offer

I thought Buldogs system was their own network and limited to certain areas of central London ??

Sorry my mistake - it's the 4 and 8mb services that are central London only. But note with Bulldog, no 24/7 support, and limited services.
Community Veteran

Special Offer

Bulldog use something called local loop unbundling for much of thier services. They install thier own hardware into BT local exchanges to provide this.

PlusNet use a very different system (IP Stream) and rely on BT for thier ADSL network so they would not be able to offer a similar service unless they make some major investments or BT introduce new products.

Chris
N/A

Special Offer

Bullsog now use the BT services to streamline much of there customer base.

LLU is currently only being done (by bulldog that is) in central London.

Bulldog supply 512k/b DSL nationwide (provided exchange is BT DSL enabled), and up to 2MB at a limited amount of exchanges (those that have room for the 1 & 2MB DSLAMS).

I do understand that you can get the lower rated products on a Bulldog LLU exchange, which will allow for an SLA, which is nice. Though, again, this is central London.

It is likely that Bulldog will be using DataStream for there joint speed services. This is somthing that +Net won't be doing at this time, due to the equipment needed.
Community Veteran

Special Offer

Yes thought they might be using datastream as BT have only LLU'd a few exchanges, and even fewer have been taken up (outside London).

Chris