cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speadstream 3060 'disconnects' and DECT phones

N/A

Speadstream 3060 'disconnects' and DECT phones

Help

I am running a PCI Speadstream 3060 modem under XP Pro using Efficient Networks latest XP drivers (3.4.6). Periodically ( at least once every 24 hrs) I loose my "DSL layer" and can only regain connectivity by rebooting the PC. Is this the modem, driver, line PlusNet - I have heard rumours about modems loosing "synch". It is getting a bit tedious to reboot this PC which acts as a server - can anyone offer any advice?

I am also having fun with a Philips Zenia DECT answermachine on this line. Philips glibly say that it is incompatable with ADSL yet there are no warnings in any of their literature and it does work on occasions.

Any help or advice on either topic greatly received,

Peter
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Speadstream 3060 'disconnects' and DECT phones

> I am also having fun with a Philips Zenia DECT answermachine on this line. Philips glibly say that it is incompatable with ADSL yet there are no warnings in any of their literature and it does work on occasions.

What problem are you having? I've got an Alcatel DECT answering machine which has started behaving strangely since upgrading to ADSL. It monitors the line to see if it is off hook (i.e. someone picks up a phone on another extension) and if it is it (i) flashes an indicator and (ii) prevents you from dialling/picking up.

Real pain. It's around 3 yrs old, now got a VTECH DECT phone which performs perfectly...
N/A

Sorry.

Forgot the crucial point.

Phone used to work perfectly - since ADSL upgrade it now randomly flicks between indicating on-hook and off-hook.

If it's off hook when someone rings I've got to use another extension...

A *complete* pain!
N/A

> Sorry.
>
> Forgot the crucial point.
>
> Phone used to work perfectly - since ADSL upgrade it now randomly flicks between indicating on-hook and off-hook.
>
> If it's off hook when someone rings I've got to use another extension...
>
> A *complete* pain!

I can only get mine to "work" by moving it upstairs to where I split off the ADSL signal, ie in the study. No combination of microfilter seems to improve the situation. Now here is my real problem, roughly every 24 hrs the modem appears to loose synch. If I unplud the DECT phone and reboot all is ok - if I reboot and leave the phone connected my DSL level (peer) does not return. It seems that the DECT phone is causing the problem. Any clues? VMT