cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Protection

iPaqowner
Grafter

Spam Protection

What's the deal with the Spam Potection under the Email Settings page?
There is an On and an Off check button but there is no way as far as I can see to check whether it is set to on or off...I used to receive email which was identified (sometimes wrongly) as SPAM in the subject line but no longer get these and now get lots of SPAM every day.
I have clicked the On button but you cannot see if it is on or off...or am I missing something.
When I was getting wanted mail marked as SPAM I followed the procedures to report false positives...now I get no mail at all prefaced with [SPAM]
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Spam Protection

Hi,

There's something odd here. The spam protection on your account shows as On on our side, but strangely as you say you can't see that on the portal. I checked on mine and it's the same so I've raised it internally as problem 41034 to put this right.
iPaqowner
Grafter

Spam Protection

That "Odd something" has been like that for a couple of months with me, glad I'm not alone.
Thanks for taking the time to look into it and I'll check the portal from time to time to see if its fixed.

[Moderator's note by chillypenguin: Full quote of previous post removed.]
iPaqowner
Grafter

Spam Protection

Hi,

There's something odd here. The spam protection on your account shows as On on our side, but strangely as you say you can't see that on the portal. I checked on mine and it's the same so I've raised it internally as problem 41034 to put this right.

Any update on this yet?
It's still the same at my end.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Spam Protection

Hi,

Unfortunately there is not update as of yet, this is still being investigated. I'll check again tomorrow for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
iPaqowner
Grafter

Spam Protection

Hi,

Unfortunately there is not update as of yet, this is still being investigated. I'll check again tomorrow for you.

Any update on this yet...my spam filter on the portal isn't working at all.
Should I raise a ticket myself or is it still being looked in to?
Bookman
Grafter

Spam Protection

Since I joined PN just recently my spam protection settings too have been unticked for both "on" and "off".

I have three domains and these are listed under those settings. Against each domain the spam setting is off.

But I was getting lots of spam messages with titles beginning [-SPAM-]. I wanted the setting off because my Thunderbird (TB) software is good at dealing with Spam (and the SPAM marker could confuse it). I raised a ticket and PN sorted it so now I get the spam without the SPAM marker and TB handles it behind the scenes.

But the top "spam protection setting" still shows neither on nor off - and I don't know whether that is because it's bust or because it doesn't show anything when the individual domains are set. :?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Spam Protection

The top setting should show the status, but for some reason when you load the page it doesn't show up. It has been raised to the developers to correct.