cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Emails

N/A

Spam Emails

I am gettin spam emails through to my inbox. Not many, be a few. Adress says either

"net SHOP", "virtual SHOP" and web SHOP. Subject matters being Discount drugs, and other things related to drugs and FTC alert.

How can i stop/ Block them?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Spam Emails

You can't stop them at source. All you can do is set up a rule in your Email client to trash them.

As a tip, you have unlimited email prefixes with PlusNet, use a different prefix with each person/site/company you use your email with.
For example, if you shop online with ebay, use the email address ebay@g00dall2k.plus.c0m (I have used 0 instead of 'o' in your email suffix as email addresses are picked up by robots that scan the web). Similarly, you may have signed up to a news website, use the address news@g00dall2k.... and so on.
That way, when you start getting spam, you can trace which site/person/company has leaked your email address. You can complain to the person/site/company and simply set up a rule in your mail client to trash all mail coming in on that address then, change the mail address used for that person/site/company or even stop dealing with them, as they may not be trustworthy.
N/A

Spam Emails

Or sign up with someone like http://www.spamgourmet.com (for free). They give you disposable email addresses which work a limited number of times. You can set it up so they forward to your PlusNet inbox.

As you can set up an address for each website you sign up to, you can see which ones are selling your address to spammers. Plus you can be sure that after the preset number of emails, you won't be getting any more as they get gobbled by SpamGourmet.
N/A

Spam Emails

sterndale,

Thank you for that genuis web link. This will save me so much hassle Cheesy

Cheers again, Cool

Aaron
N/A

Spam Emails

thanks guys Smiley