cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solwise vs NetgearDG834?

N/A

Solwise vs NetgearDG834?

I will be using Plusnet 512 ADSL (with P2P facility and will have a static IP.)

Trying to compare SAR130 to Netgear DG834 (although I already have 10/100 switch). Anyone got any thoughts/experiences?
Any limitations of the SAR130 or stability problems? This related to a particular firmware version?

Does SAR130 have individual port forwarding and the ability for individual rules rather than blocks?
Does the lack of uPNP in the SAR130 cause any programmes not to work? What about, say, video on MSN or Yahoo voice chat, IRC, etc?

Any other info most appreciated!!

Solwise modem web page says SAR130 ships with Serial Cable 9/9, when clearly the serial connection is RJ45. Does SAR130 actually come with 9/RJ45 cable? If not, how can this connection be made?
Thanks
4 REPLIES
painswck
Grafter

Solwise vs NetgearDG834?

Hi,
I do not have the 130 but do have the 110.

Solwise modem web page says SAR130 ships with Serial Cable 9/9, when clearly the serial connection is RJ45. Does SAR130 actually come with 9/RJ45 cable? If not, how can this connection be made?

The 110 comes with a serial lead and a RJ45. The serial lead connects yhe computer to the router to be able to use the 'command line interface' as opposed to the web interface..

I have had no stability problems with the Solwise, it is 2 months since I rebooted mine.

If you look into the forums on the Solwise site you will get some idea of any problems people are having.

Cheers

Roland
N/A

Solwise vs NetgearDG834?

Thanks Roland/hinkley, but the SAR130 does not have a 9way serial connector for CLI. Instead its serial connector is RJ45 and so one would need a cable with 9way at the PC end and RJ45 at the other. Its as if Solwise have not updated their web page properly when SAR130 came out. Unfortunately SAR130 has different chipset to SAR110 hence my stability question!
painswck
Grafter

Solwise vs NetgearDG834?

Hi,

Suggest you read the Solwise page again..

The 130 comes with 3 leads. ADSL, ethernet and serial .

I know it is a different chipset which is why I pointed you to the Solwise forum. There is one specifically for the 130.
N/A

Solwise vs NetgearDG834?

Louise at Solwise updated that web page today, 17th around 12:15pm after reading my post on the Solwise forum asking about the cable!! Good to know they respond quickly. The SAR110 had a 9way to 9way connector Serial cable,but the SAR130 has a 9way connector to RJ45connector serial cable CLI use. In other words if not careful, one might plug the ethernet cable into the serial socket on the router.