cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So taking into account all the current offers

N/A

Am i actualy saving anything going from 512k 50:1 to 2Mb 20:1?

The front page says 50% off regrades - and i am told that's what i am getting - so have i saved anything?

Also can you please tell me if my static IP will change? is there a way to change it?

cheers

Pete
8 REPLIES
N/A

i guess no-one can be arsed to answer me - be a different story if i couldn't be arsed to pay you.

See how it works - obvously not - fine dont answer my questions - sorry i bothered to be a customer!
N/A

my router keeps losing sync and stuff and BT just called - so i think they are upgrading me shortly.

yes BT just called to say they are - they are working on a list and i am next - i cut the guy off because he asked for the wrong person LOL

The engineer has just been round who is going to pass the figures back to BT - apparently it's okay for 1MB but no-one seems to know the figures for 2MB - so i hope they bump it up today.

Otherwise my hopes are up for nothing.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We don't actively monitor the ADSL and Broadband forum, if your questions are addressed to the Comms Team then I'd recommend posting in Customer Feedback.

As regards you orginal question, you are making a saving based on the cost of regrade before the special offer. All regrades were charged at £50+VAT, during the offer period they are £25+VAT within the same contention and £35+VAT for a change of contention.

Your IP address shouldn't change; we don't normally change IP addresses.

The limits for 1Mbps and 2Mbps are the same, so if you've passed for 1Mbps then by default you've passed for 2Mbps.
N/A

Excellent thanks dave,

They said i was in the limits for 1Mb but they didnt know about 2mb so they were sending the results back to BT

But thanks for letting me know.

Pete
N/A

If your in the limits for 1Mb, you should also be in the limits for 2Mb
N/A

I know - they said they were sending it back today to get a yes or a no - that was 5 hours ago and still i am on 512k - it's bit disapointing - yes they are working on a list of people but i was MEANT to be next!

Now i am still having to wait - why do the test and then make the customer wait? i'm going to ring BT now to see if i can get it done today
N/A

It is pointless phoning BT, as there are no customer facing agents that can answer your query regarding ADSL.

ALthough they are BT engineeers, they are working under the instructions of BT Wholesale. BT Wholesale will only talk to there own customers.

In this case, ISPs are the customers, and not the public.
N/A

while i agree with you - on this occasion you are not right - i have ;ots of friends in the right places at that company - i sopke to the broadband deployment manager whos a friend of mine.