cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So slow

N/A

So slow

When I first got ASDL from Plusnet it was belting along now its slower than my old free dialup connection espesially on the Plusnet home page,I feel I,ve been conned by the hype'Angry
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: So slow

The +net portal runs like a 3 legged dog when ever i try to use it, even from my superJANET connection at uni it takes an ice age to go anywhere.

Lets hope they can slim down the back end db or something to make the portal the plesure to use it was orginally.

> When I first got ASDL from Plusnet it was belting along now its slower than my old free dialup connection espesially on the Plusnet home page,I feel I,ve been conned by the hype'Angry

N/A

I use Janet as well and it's not that slow, you do have to think of the poor little database running this portal. I use opera and have 2 / 3 windows open at anyone time so i just flick between each window so it does not appear to be that slow.

cUnDaLl

N/A

Well, my connection has been super-fast ever since the gateway router was upgraded by PlusNet a month or so ago.. so could I suggest that the problem lies at the user end? Smiley~

N/A

> The +net portal runs like a 3 legged dog when ever i try to use it, even from my superJANET connection at uni it takes an ice age to go anywhere.
>

I agree.....portal page damn slow, especially the forums, regardless of how u r connecting. Please fix it soon Plusnet :|

Homerlovesbeer......mmmm duff
N/A

> Well, my connection has been super-fast ever since the gateway router was upgraded by PlusNet a month or so ago.. so could I suggest that the problem lies at the user end? Smiley~
>
>
my connection is slow also all us slow users must be on the same slow hardware it was fast for a while, but now my old isdn connection was faster whats going on, is it time to put a bigger pipe in?
N/A

> > Well, my connection has been super-fast ever since the gateway router was upgraded by PlusNet a month or so ago.. so could I suggest that the problem lies at the user end? Smiley~
> >
> >
> my connection is slow also all us slow users must be on the same slow hardware it was fast for a while, but now my old isdn connection was faster whats going on, is it time to put a bigger pipe in?
>

Yep, my connection was super fast at the start but now struggle to get over 300kbs. I opted for the router package. Ive checked the cabling, changed the NIC, re-installed pc with no firewall, etc and even borrowed a friends USB ADSL modem to bypass the router connection and still having problems.
Anybody any ideas....?
:confused
N/A

> When I first got ASDL from Plusnet it was belting along now its slower than my old free dialup connection espesially on the Plusnet home page,I feel I,ve been conned by the hype'Angry

I have had ADSL since June and never had any problems. Am I just the lucky one.
N/A

> > When I first got ASDL from Plusnet it was belting along now its slower than my old free dialup connection espesially on the Plusnet home page,I feel I,ve been conned by the hype'Angry
>
> I have had ADSL since June and never had any problems. Am I just the lucky one.

Are specific users connected to certain hardware been throttled backHuh or have they sold too much capacity without the capacity if you get what i mean.