Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow webpages?

N/A

Slow webpages?

1MB Connection usually = Fast downloads and fast webpage loading times
but for me:
1MB Connection = Half speed downloads and slow webpage loading!

Now i know people may say it's due to the fact that the size of the images are afecting this, but ive been on websites where images are virtually none, but still the webpage loads slow. It's not just one site that loads slow, because if it was, then i wouldn't be posting a topic, however, it's nearly all the webpages i visit, if not all. So i was wondering if there was anything i could do to increase the speed time of webpages - eg - Tweaking programs?
I am using both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox as my internet browsers - Firefox more because its more stable than Internet Explorer. With Firefox i have also tried doing the thing about:config, but im still getting slow loading times. When webpages loads, it doesnt load fast, it loads chunks of the website slowly until it's all loaded. My friend who has a 512K line is getting faster loading times than i am, n im meant 2 have a connection which is double his? it just doesnt make sense.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Slow webpages?

Could you fill out the fault reporting template and post the phpBB output back here.

Also, can you tell us what DNS servers you are using?
N/A

Slow webpages?

oh? hmm...whats phpBB? and i am using Plusnet DNS server i think? how would i check? well..i do think it's plusnet because i had to change to BT inorder to do their test?
N/A

Slow webpages?

ok nevermind about the phpBB thing : ) It is pasted below, thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traceroute Results: View Traceroute
Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 22:56 to 23:10
Traceroute Duration: 14 minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 64 bytes
Packetloss in Traceroute?: Yes
Exchange: SEFTON PARK
Problem: Permanently Slow Web Browsing (But everything else is fine)
Duration of Problem: Since installation
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 207.7 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 927.1 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 567.4 kbps
Minimum Speed Achieved On BT Speedtest: 922 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On BT Speedtest: 927 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On BT Speedtest: 924.5 kbps
Account: ADSL Home (Self Install) - 1mb (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: None
Additional Information: Download speed varies from time to time and disconnection often occurs after i leave the connection on over around 10hours or so.
N/A

Slow webpages?

Can I ask, what operating system are you using? I can then help you find out what DNS servers you are currently using (and how to change them if necessary).
N/A

Slow webpages?

Windows XP Professional Edition - SP1
N/A

Slow webpages?

And also how do you connect - via an ethernet router, ethernet modem, PCI modem, or USB modem?
N/A

Slow webpages?

USB Modem - Voyager Adsl Modem - the one that comes with the PlusNet package
N/A

Slow webpages?

Ok:
[list=1]
  • Click "Start"
  • Click "Run"
  • Type "cmd" in the box
  • In the black window which appears, type "ipconfig /all"[/listShocked]
    There should be a section which says "DNS Servers" - can you let us know what those are.

Also, I've just checked the capacity of your exchange (information available here) and the VP (Virtual Paths) capacity is showing as red. This could lead to reduced speed on your connection.
  • N/A

Slow webpages?

DNS Server: 194.74.65.69