cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds and incomplete answers by plusnet

N/A

Slow speeds and incomplete answers by plusnet

I contacted plusnet recently to complain about slow speeds24/62, 73/64 see previous posting 5 Nov 02 and also asked about what their policy is on refunds or reduced fees. This was their answer.
2002-11-06
15:13:08 Comment By: You
There was also no mention of refunds for slow service what's the position here? Assigned
2002-11-07
07:00:12 Comment By: You
This ticket has now been escalated as a high priority Assigned
2002-11-07
10:01:03 Comment By: Kevin Revill
CSC - High Priority Dear Customer,

We have noticed that a handful of users are experiencing speed issues with ADSL, this is of concern to both ourselves and our users. Due to this issue, we are currently installing more equipment on our backbone at Telehouse to handle ADSL traffic. This will create more capacity than is currently needed, which will improve file transfer speeds at peak times. This upgrade we expect to have in place within the next couple of weeks.

It has also been noted by some of our users that changing the MTU size in windows can improve download and upload speeds. We have seeen many users go from slow speeds, to speeds which are expected by our broadband users. For more information on this view the posting in ADSLguide, which can be viewed by visiting the link below.

For more information on this visit:
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=bt&Number=428320&pag

Finally, we are dealing with speed issues as a very important matter, we are monitoring the situation and will have this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards

Kevin Revill
CSC Customer Support.

They also closed the ticket without resolving the issue. As a matter of interest I have tried altering the MTU settings that have had some affect on the upload times, but I'm still having problems and the issue isn't just going to disappear unless plusnet do something about it and reduce my fees whilst they have "work in hand". If others are having this problem it would be interseting to see your posted responses pasted into this forum!!!
--
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Slow speeds and incomplete answers by plusnet

In the last couple of weeks ADSL connectivity has failed -- and on on occasion for up to 6 days!

Plusnet have no Service Level Agreement with ADSL customers and therefore have refused to refund or compensate me. They say their management have decided on a no compensation for loss of service policy. I wonder what Trading Standards Department would say about this? What do you think?

> I contacted plusnet recently to complain about slow speeds24/62, 73/64 see previous posting 5 Nov 02 and also asked about what their policy is on refunds or reduced fees. This was their answer.
> 2002-11-06
> 15:13:08 Comment By: You
> There was also no mention of refunds for slow service what's the position here? Assigned
> 2002-11-07
> 07:00:12 Comment By: You
> This ticket has now been escalated as a high priority Assigned
> 2002-11-07
> 10:01:03 Comment By: Kevin Revill
> CSC - High Priority Dear Customer,
>
> We have noticed that a handful of users are experiencing speed issues with ADSL, this is of concern to both ourselves and our users. Due to this issue, we are currently installing more equipment on our backbone at Telehouse to handle ADSL traffic. This will create more capacity than is currently needed, which will improve file transfer speeds at peak times. This upgrade we expect to have in place within the next couple of weeks.
>
> It has also been noted by some of our users that changing the MTU size in windows can improve download and upload speeds. We have seeen many users go from slow speeds, to speeds which are expected by our broadband users. For more information on this view the posting in ADSLguide, which can be viewed by visiting the link below.
>
> For more information on this visit:
> http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=bt&Number=428320&pag
>
> Finally, we are dealing with speed issues as a very important matter, we are monitoring the situation and will have this issue resolved as quickly as possible.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Kevin Revill
> CSC Customer Support.
>
> They also closed the ticket without resolving the issue. As a matter of interest I have tried altering the MTU settings that have had some affect on the upload times, but I'm still having problems and the issue isn't just going to disappear unless plusnet do something about it and reduce my fees whilst they have "work in hand". If others are having this problem it would be interseting to see your posted responses pasted into this forum!!!
>
> --
>

N/A

RE: Slow speeds and incomplete answers by plusnet

Before you start flaming me for this, please let me state that I am not an employee of plusnet.

In common with most(if not all) utility suppliers, plusnet do not guarantee continuity of service. If you want proof of this check out the small print on the back of your electricity bill.

In the terms and conditions there is a clause regarding service levels and I quote "We shall not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, loss of data, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (whether or not caused by our negligence or that of our employees, agents or sub-contractors) which arise out of or in connection with our contract. We also cannot be liable for the quality or accuracy of information received through the Service(s)"

I severely doubt that trading standards will touch any claims resulting from interuption to services.

Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

regards

Roy

> I contacted plusnet recently to complain about slow speeds24/62, 73/64 see previous posting 5 Nov 02 and also asked about what their policy is on refunds or reduced fees. This was their answer.
> 2002-11-06
> 15:13:08 Comment By: You

> There was also no mention of refunds for slow service what's the position here? Assigned
> 2002-11-07
> 07:00:12 Comment By: You
> This ticket has now been escalated as a high priority Assigned
> 2002-11-07
> 10:01:03 Comment By: Kevin Revill
> CSC - High Priority Dear Customer,
>
> We have noticed that a handful of users are experiencing speed issues with ADSL, this is of concern to both ourselves and our users. Due to this issue, we are currently installing more equipment on our backbone at Telehouse to handle ADSL traffic. This will create more capacity than is currently needed, which will improve file transfer speeds at peak times. This upgrade we expect to have in place within the next couple of weeks.
>
> It has also been noted by some of our users that changing the MTU size in windows can improve download and upload speeds. We have seeen many users go from slow speeds, to speeds which are expected by our broadband users. For more information on this view the posting in ADSLguide, which can be viewed by visiting the link below.
>
> For more information on this visit:
> http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=bt&Number=428320&pag
>
> Finally, we are dealing with speed issues as a very important matter, we are monitoring the situation and will have this issue resolved as quickly as possible.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Kevin Revill
> CSC Customer Support.
>
> They also closed the ticket without resolving the issue. As a matter of interest I have tried altering the MTU settings that have had some affect on the upload times, but I'm still having problems and the issue isn't just going to disappear unless plusnet do something about it and reduce my fees whilst they have "work in hand". If others are having this problem it would be interseting to see your posted responses pasted into this forum!!!
>
> --
>