Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow signup - can someone explain...?

N/A

Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader...

I moved into a new house on 15th August, and proceeded to set up my BT line. This was sorted (for phone calls) by the 19th, and I was told that the ADSL activation would be complete by the 24th.

So I signed up for Plusnet on the 21st (yeah, I know, before the ADSL was activated, but I thought it'd speed things up).
Anywho, the line seemed to be enabled on the 20th (I could used the BT test login, and access the BT test page).
Now, Plusnet were then going through their checks, and got to the 'Checking your line' stage where I was told there was a problem.

Possible causes were listed as:
Non BT lines
New BT lines
Existing ADSL services
Some alarm systems using the phone line (Redcare)
Some call restrictions (Incoming calls only)
Switchboards or non PSTN lines

Few days later I got a response from Plusnet stating 'No routing for the line, please raise with BTP.'

So I got in touch with BT, who told me everything was fine at their end, but the BT Answer 1571 service might be causing a problem - so they disabled it.

Sent an email (well, updated my ticket) to Plusnet and told them what BT had told me.

I then got a response back stating 'No routing for the line, please raise with BTP.' again.

What exactly does this mean, and when can I expect to get my broadband activated..? I mean, it seems to be taking ages.

(just to let everyone know, I'm an ADSL noob. I've only ever had experience with cable BB, and have no idea on the ins-and-outs of ADSL).
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Was the "No routing for the line ....

marked internal?
N/A

Quick replpy ;-)

Good question. Yes it is marked 'Internal', so I presume I don't need to do anything?

Also states 'The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Monday 5th September at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the P&F - XML Rejections until this time.Additional information is provided below:'
Community Veteran

Yip, internal tickets are just that, they are provided for your info though.
N/A

Thanks for that.

So am I right in thinking this has something to do with the connection between Plusnet and BT (ie, BT are causing the hold-up)?
hitachi
Grafter

I am a bit confused, who gave you an activation date of the 24th before you signed up with plusnet on the 21st.
N/A

May have worded that incorrectly...

It was BT who told me the ADSL would be 'turned on' by the 24th (ie, I'd be able to place an order with my chosen ISP).

I did order a few days earlier as I thought it would speed things up a little...