cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow downloads

N/A

Slow downloads

Up until a couple of weeks ago i was getting download speeds of around 200 - 300kb per second, now all of a sudden its crawing at around 10 - 20 and can even drop to as low as 4, thats not even boradband speed, whats going on.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Slow downloads

Hi dmtillett im in the same boat as yourself, until a couple of weeks ago i was able to d/l at speeds of 80-120kbs which i was happy with even though i have a 2meg connection.

but now my max d/l speed is 10kbs max and thats no matter what time i try it at, i think plus net has some explaining to do.

where abouts are you from?

im in belfast.
Community Veteran

Slow downloads

Have you to tried the BT speed test? See: http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27
N/A

Slow downloads

Tried downloading today and its gone back up to 200+kbps, which is cool. I did plusnets speed test and it said i should be able to download at around 238Kbps and thats what im getting roughly so its all good again.
N/A

Slow downloads

@no7olivier

i done a speed test myself on the link u supplied results are

876 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second

even tho the results say the above im not getting any of the above speeds, im d/l at the moment and its d/l at 3.2kbs this is of p2p.

now im on the broadband plus package and i know it says that priority is givin to premier customers, durning busy periods but im getting this speed constantly at most i get 10kbs but thats still redicilous, considering i have a 2meg connection.

any suggestions?Huh
N/A

Slow downloads

I'm only on Broadband plus and apart from the dip in speed a few days ago i couldnt be happier with it. I dont do any P2P downlaoding though so wouldnt know about the speeds you are getting with it.
N/A

Slow downloads

Hey all,

I am in the same boat. I am on 2mb premier and was getting speeds of 220 - 240KB/s however now my speed is enjoying life as a yo-yo and doing nothing more than going up and down.
I do get peaks of 220KB/s for roughly 5 seconds every 3 hours or so and the remaining time it spends its life at around 70KB/s.
I do not use p2p but instead use ftp, web, email, gaming, hosting and so forth. Unfortunately everything is suffering.
I have done bt speed tests and the results of which or around 806 kilo bits per (Kbps) second (i do believe).

Unfotunately I am not happy with these speeds, I dont have high bw usage and never have had, and all in all there should be no reason why I should be suffering or even penalised.

Hope PN sort things out soon as I am getting very impatient.