N/A

Slow connection

Traceroute Results: View Traceroute
Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 15:46 to 16:01
Traceroute Duration: 15 minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 64 bytes
Packetloss in Traceroute?: Yes
Exchange: Vauxhall
Problem: Permanently Slow Data Transfer (Everything is slow)
Duration of Problem: More than 2 weeks
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 1 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 460 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 230.5 kbps
Account: ADSL Netstart (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: None
Additional Information: Minimum Speed Test is actually 0kbps but your form does not support a zero value
5 REPLIES
N/A

Slow connection

Your exchange is currently marked as red, which is one possible reason for your speeds.

I can only suggest waiting until the ETA fix date of 10th Nov
N/A

Slow connection

Hi

I am aware that the Vauxhall exchange is "red", but the exchange status checker says "[the virtual paths] are still operating within the product specification".

I would like to know what the "product specification" is, as I find it hard to believe it would stretch to 0kbps!

The eta fix time is 10th November, which is more than 3 weeks away. Just who do I approach to be reimbursed for a connection that is very often slower than using a modem?

John
N/A

Slow connection

Unfortuantly, there is no compensation for such speeds.

The product "specification" is either 20:1 or 50:1. The note before that states it is running outside of planning guidance.

This means it is running under the level they expect it to, but, is still validly supplied under the terms at which it is offered.

3 weeks is very short, compared to the time some people have had to wait. At the start of this year, waiting times where upto 6 weeks.

Aberdeen Ashgrove was reported as having an ETA of 23rd Jan 04, back in the data set published ont hr 12th Dec 03. This was the first data set ever produced, and as such, had been having problems, long before this time.

This is the nature of the contended service, and is soemthign we all have to put up with, and acknowledge, when purchasing ths service.
N/A

Slow connection

If the "product specification" relates to the contention, does that not mean that on a contention of 50:1 I should expect the speed test to return at least 10kbps? Or am I simplifying it too much? As reported, I have seen the speed test return results < 10 on several occasions.

John
N/A

Slow connection

In which case, fi you are constantly getting such speed, then you should raise this to PlusNet.

However, i would first conduct a BT speed test. See the Tutuorial in the Tutorial and FAQ forum for this.

When reporting it to PlusNet, note that you have used this test.