cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow browsing and dropping out

N/A

Slow browsing and dropping out

After finally getting ADSL I find that the connection sometimes slows down or I get a 404 error, refreshing usually loads the page. Also the connection drops overnight and I have to reset my router to get connected. Anyone else getting similer issues?? I was thinking that it may be my end as BT confirmed activation for 23rd May although I am activated and using the connection. Also the router I am using is an Efficient Networks 5621. Any ideas?Huh
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Slow browsing and dropping out

> After finally getting ADSL I find that the connection sometimes slows down or I get a 404 error, refreshing usually loads the page. Also the connection drops overnight and I have to reset my router to get connected. Anyone else getting similer issues?? I was thinking that it may be my end as BT confirmed activation for 23rd May although I am activated and using the connection. Also the router I am using is an Efficient Networks 5621. Any ideas??

Yes I noticed as well. Everything seemed to get very sluggish around 9pm.
It's been Ok for many days and it seems Ok now so I don't think its your gear.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

> After finally getting ADSL I find that the connection sometimes slows down or I get a 404 error, refreshing usually loads the page. Also the connection drops overnight and I have to reset my router to get connected. Anyone else getting similer issues?? I was thinking that it may be my end as BT confirmed activation for 23rd May although I am activated and using the connection. Also the router I am using is an Efficient Networks 5621. Any ideas??

I work for a company that uses the Alcatel 510 router and we are having the same issues. The router looses 'sync' with the exchange overnight needing a re-power to get it going again. We have had BT out who diagnosed the microfilter but replacing this made no difference. We have no other devices on the line at all. I will update posts as and when we try different solutions.

N/A

We are seeing similar dropouts - though at any time of day or night. The Dlink DSL-504 modem shows "Keep-Alive Error" and eventually recovers by itself.
N/A

Everything seems to be ok now...been online for 72 hours with no dropouts. Guess BT were still fiddling with the line.