cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow again

N/A

Slow again

Its 6pm and my cons slowed down again the same as on sunday..this isn't server load like they told me before.
30 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Slow again

yea m8, im receiving the same problems. Was Ok earlier, regular 50-60k/s downloads - now im lucky if i can even touch 12k!!
This is getting beyond a joke - PLUSNET SORT IT OUT!!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Its 6pm and my cons slowed down again the same as on sunday..this isn't server load like they told me before.

hmm thats normal, 6pm everyone gets home:
Puts the kettle.
Switches/logs in on PC.
Starts dinner.

Result net slows, it's when you start getting packetloss or excessive pings is when its a problem. If you want to hear of bad ping days, then ask anyone on IRC that uses Chello, they can give you a day long account of how bad Broadband is in europe.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

nah sorry m8 thats not gonna cut it...this has NEVER happened before NEVER ..and i've been with plus.net awhile now.

N/A

> > Its 6pm and my cons slowed down again the same as on sunday..this isn't server load like they told me before.
>
> hmm thats normal, 6pm everyone gets home:
> Puts the kettle.
> Switches/logs in on PC.
> Starts dinner.
>
> Result net slows, it's when you start getting packetloss or excessive pings is when its a problem. If you want to hear of bad ping days, then ask anyone on IRC that uses Chello, they can give you a day long account of how bad Broadband is in europe.
>
> --
> ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
> IRC.UTCHAT.COM
> Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat

Yea maybe so but from 512k to something like 40k is not acceptable.
Its getting way beyond a joke now and PlusNet need to sort this out.
for an extra fiver a month i could have 1mbit from Cable, which is a LOT more reliable, but no im sticking with plusnet as i have used them for over 3 years.
I think i will give it a few weeks then move on, im getting sick of the problems
Community Veteran

-snip-
> for an extra fiver a month i could have 1mbit from Cable, which is a LOT more reliable, but no im sticking with plusnet as i have used them for over 3 years.
> I think i will give it a few weeks then move on, im getting sick of the problems

hmm well PN Rent the bandwidth we use from BT, so once BT have exchanges that arent over used better get used to it. I did say ask anyone on chello, also try asking anyone on most US ISP's what Real broadband is like. UK has only had it for 2 years, most other countries have had it for 6 or more and have these problems.

So its supply it as cheap as possible. Because theres always someone willing to take you space on your exhange, so until BT get there finger out and do something about the congestion it will get worse not better.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

me being a jolt admin i see plenty of ppl useing chello as it is one of the largest isp in europe but i don't see them with a ping of 150...if i wanted that kind of ping i would go back on 56k dialup.
And don't BT and other isp garante a connection of 512k ...i remember a BT engineer tell me when i had problems with my isdn.

Community Veteran

> me being a jolt admin i see plenty of ppl useing chello as it is one of the largest isp in europe but i don't see them with a ping of 150...if i wanted that kind of ping i would go back on 56k dialup.
> And don't BT and other isp garante a connection of 512k ...i remember a BT engineer tell me when i had problems with my isdn.
>
>

No they Guarantee a connection speed of minimum 9K no more no less
Delves
Grafter

I'm slow to but now its 20.15 and I'm getting 20.5Kbps on the PlusNet Bandwidth Meter. Somethings slowing it down somewhere

> > Its 6pm and my cons slowed down again the same as on sunday..this isn't server load like they told me before.
>
> hmm thats normal, 6pm everyone gets home:
> Puts the kettle.
> Switches/logs in on PC.
> Starts dinner.
>
> Result net slows, it's when you start getting packetloss or excessive pings is when its a problem. If you want to hear of bad ping days, then ask anyone on IRC that uses Chello, they can give you a day long account of how bad Broadband is in europe.
>
> --
> IRC.UTCHAT.COM

N/A

Dude, ive had broadband for 2 years exactly and its NEVER been this bad.
At least cable is reliable.
I have had ADSL 6 months and when i first got it the connection was reliable and fast. And as for PN renting Bandwidth?
All these 155mbit pipe lines they are installing should make a difference - i mean i am less than 2 miles from PlusNETs Internet House!!!!
Another thing - if they rent it then why are other ISPs in my area perfomring MUCH better than PlusNET??
All i hear from them is excuse after excuse and i for one am getting FED UP
Community Veteran

> I'm slow to but now its 20.15 and I'm getting 20.5Kbps on the PlusNet Bandwidth Meter. Somethings slowing it down somewhere
>
>
-snip-

yes your exchange is

Your current bandwidth reading is:

493.30kbps

which means you can download at 61.66 KB/sec. from our servers.

Mine isnt
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Delves
Grafter

Gus

I dont understand your reply, I've tested again and it says 'bandwidth reading is 94.0kbps which means you can download at 11.86 KB/sec. from our servers'.

I understand exchanges play a big part in the speed issues but when so many people from many areas are sysing its slow it starts to make you wonder if the ISP is the problem.

I'm not complaining, I've had good service from +net once my splitter were sorted out. Its just nice to try and find out where and whats causing shuch a major slow down.

> > I'm slow to but now its 20.15 and I'm getting 20.5Kbps on the PlusNet Bandwidth Meter. Somethings slowing it down somewhere
> >
> >
> -snip-
>
> yes your exchange is
>
> Your current bandwidth reading is:
>
> 493.30kbps
>
> which means you can download at 61.66 KB/sec. from our servers.
>
> Mine isnt
>
> --
> IRC.UTCHAT.COM

N/A

yep same I am paying for ADSL not dial up quite franky the Plusnet service is now beyond a joke this is my third month with Plusnet and a week has not gone by were there has been problems with the service. Is this an issue with trading standards as feel I am being ripped off.

Coley

Jim
Grafter

No problem here Smiley
Results from your most recent broadband speed test recorded on 07 January 2003 at 20:59:44.

Your Connection

Downstream 471 Kbps (58.9 KB/sec) 508 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

N/A

For the third night running it’s like wadding through treacle. Although, not as tasty.