cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow This Evening?

N/A

Slow This Evening?

Is it me, or is everything going a tad slower than normal tonight?

I've just been playing Unreal Tournament 2003 of a variety of different servers (Jolt, BlueYonder, Multiplay, Barrysworld etc.) and I was getting constant packet loss and as a result high pings.

General browsing seems slow as well. Anyone else having problems?
23 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Slow This Evening?

slightly slower browsing for me this evening
N/A

Well i use IRC alot, and i'm having trouble connecting to that, is anybody elseHuhHuh

And i tried using P2P and that is having trouble also.

snapper_mart
Grafter

mmm,, things are OKish........ I got this result..........

Your raw speed was 197645.56 bits per second

i have had much MUCH worse in the past!!!

M

> Is it me, or is everything going a tad slower than normal tonight?
>
> I've just been playing Unreal Tournament 2003 of a variety of different servers (Jolt, BlueYonder, Multiplay, Barrysworld etc.) and I was getting constant packet loss and as a result high pings.
>
> General browsing seems slow as well. Anyone else having problems?

N/A

Yep...It was pretty slow yesterday til bout 7pm-ish when it suddenly speeded up.

It's just gone slow again now. Web Browsing, P2P, ...the lot.
N/A

Yes, I'm trying to upload an entire website to the FTP space on plus net. Would be just as quick using the dail up. The service from PN does seem very variable. Some nights it's blinding, some nights it's like I've dipped the connectoin in treacle.
N/A

Ping time is 3 times as slow as normal currently - it is normally about 28ms for the BBC 212.58.224.55 and PlusNet portal 212.159.8.137 but they are both around 80ms at the moment.

Does anybody think that the Service Status page should display full and up-to-the-minute status info? I remember a few years back that PlusNet's sister company F9 used to have Big Brother (not the TV show) monitoring all its servers - now THAT'S accountability and transparency. Wouldn't it be helpful, in customer service terms, if PlusNet added a Big Brother monitoring link to is's Service Status page? See http://bb4.com/

Ragards, Andy

> Yes, I'm trying to upload an entire website to the FTP space on plus net. Would be just as quick using the dail up. The service from PN does seem very variable. Some nights it's blinding, some nights it's like I've dipped the connectoin in treacle.

N/A

Yup, going slow again this evening :\
N/A

yep i'm getting a 100ms ping and IRC is slow connecting.
websites slow and stalling to Cry.

Its Probably plus.net being DOS attacked again LOLRoll eyes

N/A

Does this happen every Sunday?
From VisualRoute:
'Problems in network "Redback SMS Loopback" are causing IP packets to be dropped'.
N/A

No problems for me at all..... browsing OK and no worries.

Latest results from ADSLGuides speedtest look pretty normal to me:

Downstream 468 Kbps (58.5 KB/sec) 505 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

wildmind
--
-------------------------------------------------
:p All life is a work in progress
it's the rate of progress that differs
N/A

cant even open adslguide.org.uk Sad
damn plusnet
N/A

its 10pm and my ping is still 3 times higher than normal..i put a ticket in at 6pm and plus.net said its high server load..I THINK NOT.

N/A

> its 10pm and my ping is still 3 times higher than normal..i put a ticket in at 6pm and plus.net said its high server load..I THINK NOT.
>
>

Which is exactly what they said to me. When I replied saying it's probably not all I got back in return is:

"Dear Customer,
Thanks for the feedback, it helps alot. We are aware and currently monitoring the situation."

Which sounds more like a way of trying to fob me off because nothing has been done within the past four hours.
N/A

Things were going fine for me up till about an hour ago. Left connection running on P2P and went for dinner... came back and the connection had dropped (been happening *ALOT* lately) and when i reconnected I couldn't sign into MSN or go to my Hotmail inbox. The P2P seems fried too... don't seem to be connecting to most hubs on Direct Connect.

Asim.