cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds...

N/A

Slow Speeds...

Im happy to say that I got PlusNet Premier 2Mbit on Tuesday and was very happy with the speeds, but since Wednesday morning I have experienced speeds slower than 56k Sad

Sometimes when I re-establish the connection its fast again for a few minutes and then everything crawls again. It was woking very fast this morning from 5am till 9am and then I noticed a sudden drop in speed around 5pm and its been pretty slow ever since.

I have a Netgear DG834G router and live in Leamington Spa...
5 REPLIES
N/A

Slow Speeds...

Hi there,

Are you guaging your speeds on downloads or speedtests?

Try the BT Speedtest and post the results.
N/A

Slow Speeds...

Well at the moment the interent is really fast, but torrents and usenet are going slower than 56kbps.

The BT speed tests vary... this morning it showed near 2Mbits, and then earlier today when the internet was really slow, it showed 100kbps...

Its been varying a lot during the last 48 hours...
N/A

Slow Speeds...

At the moment it feels like I am on the Plus package because there is some serious capping on P2P, UseNet and Torrents.
N/A

Slow Speeds...

Mmmh,

You could be experiencing a mixture of issues.

The BT speed test reslut could be down to exchange contention. Try a few more during busy periods incase it was a one off.

Many people are experiencing problems with usenet speeds at the moment. Plus Net are aware of the problem and are looking into it. An announcement re usenet is expected soon.

With torrents there are too many variables to offer much of an explaination, but clearly there are a number of factors involved concerning your speeds.

Monitor the situation, keep an eye on the feedback forum and try the occasional BT test.
N/A

Slow Speeds...

Now UseNet has completely stopped working Sad