cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Browsing Speed on 2MB Line

N/A

When downloading using BitSpirit I am experiencing slow browsing speed even though the download is only taking up on average 80KB/s.

Is anyone else having this same problem??

I am running the home network on a NetGear DG834GT router, I have setup a few firewall rules for the p2p programs that I use but non for browsing.

Could this explain why I am having slow browsing speed even though I have plenty of bandwidth left over.

I have tested the line with a few broadband speed test websites and its showing on average 1.6MB connection.

Thanks in advance for you help.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

welcome to the boards.

Can you post the results of BT speed test, details here Many are reporting slow downloads on p2p apps at the moment. It may be proving to be the nature of the beast.

The results of the BT test compared with some speed tests from adslguide might paint a clearer picture. At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, ensure that no other apps are running which might eat bandwisth when running the speed test.
N/A

If you have not limited your upload speed with your bit torrent client this is probably not helping. Limit the upload speed to 20k.

Secondly if using ZoneAlarm this conflicts with some BT clients and causes some problems.
N/A

i have a limit on the upload speed and i dont use ZoneAlarm, i will try out the BT Speed Test when i get home.

I think i will try other p2p to see if same thing is happening.
N/A

I tried Bit Spirit last night - then removed it after about an hour as It didn't seem to like my system (seem to have high CPU Usage). Gone back to BIt lord and the official BIT Torrent Client and noticed faster downloads.