Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow After Upgrade?

N/A

Slow After Upgrade?

I asked to be upgraded to 8mb from my paygoextra2000

I had stable download speeds over 200k.

Now am lucky to get 150k. I have tried another router to see if it was a coincidence, but its the same.

I did as was asked when upgrading and left the router off.

The speed according to my router is 8192, upload 448.

I have read somewhere that turning some setting on your router may help but bring the connection speed down. I would sooner have 6500 bandwidth and 600k downloads? anyone know what this setting could be.

thanks

Kelv
6 REPLIES
N/A

Slow after upgrade

I have run several tests as my upgrade speed is not that different than before. Recent tests at various times of the day show 2319, 2316, 1840 and 2114kbps which seems far short of the BT predicted speed for this line of 5000kbps. Please can you look at my settings.

Tnks

Malcolm
N/A

Slow After Upgrade?

Hi Kelv and Malcolm.
You'd be better of posting in this thread https://portal.metronet.co.uk/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=794.
But please read here and here first
Cheers
Jon
N/A

Metronet -> Plusnet -> 8MB Upgrade :(

I've read several threads on the forums. But there are hundreds of threads.

Yes i have a router, two in fact. I've tried both.

I don't have a modem. But will borrow one if you think that speed issues are due to BT exchange not recognising the Max Upgrade due to the routing equipment syncing too quickly or whatever.

I have, as instructed by James Bailey before Christmas turned my router off several times and off for days on end over the period that James told me to, i've tried both my BT 2wire and my draytek 2600. Speed issue still remains.

Both my neighbours have 8Mb broadband, both have routers, i know cos i set them up, both not with plusnet, and both neighbours enjoy fantastic speeds, we are a gnat away from the exchange, we're talking yards here, not miles.

Last night i could not get into work at all as speed was awful, and would have had to make a 20 mile journey into work to perform support tasks should a call have been put through.
(Unfortunately work (MAM software) use plusnet lines as well)

Today i spoke with our IT Administrator and now have a different router to connect to through a different ISP as backup.

It's just not good enough. You cannot expect people to go searching through masses of threads in forums. If you know the answer(s) to the speed issue(s), then please give us "all" some direct answers. Our company certainly would not get away with this sort of vague support.

eg. I have spoken to BT on your behalf and they assure me if your router is turned off between friday and monday that they will carry out another "regrade/check" on your line. Please can you obtain a modem not a router and ensure this connects first otherwise the BT "whatever ....... blah" won't recognise the max upgrade.

I eagerly await instructions, this has been over two months now, i have until now been polite and patient and given Plusnet a fair crack.

regards

Kelv
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Slow After Upgrade?

Hi Kelv

Jon was just pointing you in the direction of the thread that the Metronet/Plusnet Comm's team (usually James) are monitoring for customers with speed issues. They usually don't have time to trawl the forum looking for problems.
This is generally regarded as a self help forum and neither Jon nor myself have any connection with Metronet other that that of paying customers.

Cheers
Bill
N/A

Sorry

I must be a bit thick, am new to the forums.

I clicked the link Jon gave me, but New or reply or what?

regards
Kelv
N/A

Slow After Upgrade?

Hi.
Think you've sorted it now Kelv so I'll lock this thread.
Cheers
Jon