cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow ADSL Again!

N/A

Slow ADSL Again!

Anyone else been getting slow connections and hanging on web sites the last couple days?

Better off asking you guy's and it would appear that Plusnet have know customer support what so ever. Although they are very good at one thing "taking my money".
--
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Slow ADSL Again!

My Connection is flying, I recorded D/L speed of 433 kbps. It has been like that ever since I changed some settings, although I did have some serious speed issues before.
> Anyone else been getting slow connections and hanging on web sites the last couple days?
>
> Better off asking you guy's and it would appear that Plusnet have know customer support what so ever. Although they are very good at one thing "taking my money".
>
> --
>

N/A

So what settings did you change?

> My Connection is flying, I recorded D/L speed of 433 kbps. It has been like that ever since I changed some settings, although I did have some serious speed issues before.
> > Anyone else been getting slow connections and hanging on web sites the last couple days?
> >
> > Better off asking you guy's and it would appear that Plusnet have know customer support what so ever. Although they are very good at one thing "taking my money".
> >
> > --
> >
>
>

N/A

Yeah please do let us know, as I'm sure mine could run a tad quicker. The speed test at Adslguide.org doesn't work on my PC at the mo as there's something wrong with the Java settings in my copy of IE 5.5. Hopefully an upcoming OS and hardware upgrade will sort it out, but I'd still like to know how to optimise my set up.

Gary Mc

N/A

Just a note to Gary about Java

To use the speed test at adslguide.org, you need to download Sun Java (you can use their link to it). I have the latest version of IE and I still had to download it. A word of warning though, if you use online banking, many of them will not work if you have Sun Java operating and you have to disable it and revert back to default. Is it really worth the bother I ask myself!

N/A

My speeds been fantastic with 60Kb/s download from the states. Great work Plusnet!

--
Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer
N/A

Thanks for the tip - the download did the trick and I was able to check my connection speed; came out at 450Kb/s download, 230Kb/s upload which is decent enough.....

Gary Mc