cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

N/A

Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

Just got bounced off one of the speed test sites as too slow to measure. Anyone else getting very slow, intermittent service ? Only just happened as far as I can see because it was ok earlier today.
Pretty much unuseable as it stands.
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

> Just got bounced off one of the speed test sites as too slow to measure. Anyone else getting very slow, intermittent service ? Only just happened as far as I can see because it was ok earlier today.
> Pretty much unuseable as it stands.

Yep I am the same

N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

Yep - me too. Had to use dial up modem to download nero in-cd update (3.5mb) as ADSL connect said over 1 hour to download at 1.26kb but my trusty 56k modem downloaded it in 10 mins!!

Just seen a response in General forum from plus net saying ADSL not working 100% for all users and to look at their service page (yes we know about the planned upgrade (fingers, toes etc. all crossed) - yet service status is in the Green!!

I see they have problems also in the dial up as well - me thinks they have some serious problems with all their networks!

Regards
Dave
N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

> Yep - me too. Had to use dial up modem to download nero in-cd update (3.5mb) as ADSL connect said over 1 hour to download at 1.26kb but my trusty 56k modem downloaded it in 10 mins!!
>
> Just seen a response in General forum from plus net saying ADSL not working 100% for all users and to look at their service page (yes we know about the planned upgrade (fingers, toes etc. all crossed) - yet service status is in the Green!!
>
> I see they have problems also in the dial up as well - me thinks they have some serious problems with all their networks!
>
> Regards
> Dave



>
>
Yup very slow here
N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

Streaming media such as net radio is impossible with such a s-l-o-w connection. 5 seconds music, 10 seconds buffer, repeat. Really disapointing. Like you say - everything crossed for better speed with the upgrades.

A.

N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

I've had the same since last night and rang plusnet support who said they were not aware of any problems. I did a line quality test and sent this to Plusnet who said there was nothing wrong. I don't understand the results. Where is the problem looking at these results?
See http://www.dslreports.com/quality/nil/970830
N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

its simple, look at the deals on offer.
the uptake of new users must be very high. as each one comes on, the less bandwidth we have.
i did email support, who reminded me of the fact that its a 50-1 contention. rate-adaptable connections promises a floor of about 50k up but i have been seeing 30's.
so its no more speed until new pipe. adsl in uk seems to be working this way now. its just that each isp takes a turn at it. i reckon its going to get even worse. Sad

N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

I think it is your settings that might be wrong.

Ive just been on the Plusnet speed test and:

Your current bandwidth reading is:

481.90kbps

which means you can download at 60.24 KB/sec. from our servers.

That seems fine to me Cheesy

Anyway make sure your RWIN (or Receive Window) setting is set correctly. Mine is 12762. I had lots of speed related problems before i changed this. Also make sure your MTU setting is 1458.

DR Tcp can be used to change these settings.

Available here - http://www.dslreports.com/front/drtcp.html

Plusnet help page here - http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?bvIkeqvfDEk%3D

Please post feedback about how you get on.

Dave Allan
N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

Im actually having problems with ping in the evening but ive been promised that this will be fixed by the upgrades on January 23rd.

Dave Allan
N/A

RE: Slo-o-o-o-ow ADSL

> Just got bounced off one of the speed test sites as too slow to measure. Anyone else getting very slow, intermittent service ? Only just happened as far as I can see because it was ok earlier today.
> Pretty much unuseable as it stands.

yeah plusnet its really slow, please do sumthing