cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Situation here.

N/A

Situation here.

Yeah the plus.net servers must be down or something. I could not even connect earlier on throughout the whole day today.

Secondly, I dont think ive got my ADSL Alcatel modem set up correctly in my O.S which is Win XP

Everytime i connect it seems as a dial-up connection...is that normal? i swear Broadband is 24/7 connected? i have to click on my Plus.net connection icon and then windows dials, verifys user and pass and then connects...is this usual?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Situation here.

Sounds normal to me I have the connexant usb adsl modem and thats how I connect. Its called PPPoE (Point to point protocal over ethernet). To make sure your OLD 56k (or what ever it is) modem is not connected to the phone line.
N/A

Yes thats the way ADSL modem connects to your line. Dummy dialup, i guess to kick the driver in and make the thing work.

Would have been better if you just fired up your PC, and it was already connected. But just select the dial automatically on the dialin box.
Next time you load up your browser or mail it will auto connect. nearest thing to almost on.

I use the D-Link DSL-200 modem
routers work different i think.
but i don't know about them.. never had one!
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Routers are good, they dial up to the dsl themselves and you connect to them over ethernet. So as long as the router is on and setup then you basicaly got an always on service.