Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site removed with no warnings!

danep
Grafter

Hi all

Plusnet have now stooped to new depths. My website has been removed due to exceeding bandwidth. Amazing, not even an email to warn me or anything, just zilch. I was of course testing a demo Video site that I am launching so obviously the demo site got too busy. But you would think Plusnet would just let me know or charge me for the extra bandwidth. But to just shut it down without saying a word is just Nazi-ish. They really have no idea about customer service at all!! I dont know wether to be happy that it looks like the site will indeed be popular or sad that it's been closed by these cretins.

So be warned, they will do this to you too.

And obviously being a customer for 6 years makes absolutely no difference.

Regards
Dane
6 REPLIES
danep
Grafter

Hi all

You wont believe this, they not only have stopped the site but they have actually deleted the whole lot!, everything, backup's I had kept on my webspace, everything!! This is actually criminal!!

Regards
Dane
N/A

There are further details here although they do say that they will e-mail you, perhaps they have fallen victim to their own poor message delivery set-up.
danep
Grafter

Hi all

Well it looks like it has been archived according to an email I just got. So hopefully it's all still there. Just need to send them a ticket to get it up and going again I presume. Oh well, will now sign up to that Host I was browsing and get the Video site on reasonable bandwidth.

Regards
Dane
N/A

So what was the reason then?
Excessive traffic (downloading)?
Copyrighted material?
Or what?

And if it was excessive traffic (ie downloading), how would one go about keping a track on that?
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

You can track site usage through the use of webstats.
danep
Grafter

Hi

Excessive traffic. Went 158mb over my daily limit. Such a huge amount lol... First time in 6 years that I have gone anywhere near my limit and it's pulled. Sad. Still not up yet either.

The material is just amateur local video productions and some film trailers. The studios are happy for trailers to be used. Most of them encourage it and give links for webmasters to use photos, videos etc. Why wouldnt they, free publicity. It is not streaming video though, its progressive. Anyway the demo is on a different host now until I launch it properly in a few weeks on another host server. Got 150GB monthly bandwidth to start with which hopefully will be sufficient.

Regards
Dane