cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sit it out?

N/A

Sit it out?

Hi, I'm wary of posting here because I'm sure you get enough dumb questions and clueless newbies already but if anyone could help out it'd be appreciated.

For the last week broadband at my house has been very intermittent on a BT Voyager 2100 router. For the last couple of days the DSL light becomes solid, then cuts out, then after a pause starts flashing, before becoming solid again. And repeat.

I can access the Web fine when the light is solid, obviously, but it's cutting out every couple of minutes. Accessing the router pages from any PC works fine - it cycles through 'status: ready to connect' and 'status: down' in line with what the lights are showing on the router.

I've been reading elsewhere on the forum about people's problems with the upgrades around the country, but no one else seemed to have this same problem of an intermittent connection.

Is it just a case of sitting it out for a few days? Is there anything I could try? I've tried switching off the router overnight, doesn't seem to fix it.

If anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave
3 REPLIES
N/A

Sit it out?

If you are currently being upgraded (you should of recieved an email from Plusnet). Then this is not rare incident, alot of people are having trouble with sync being lost randomly.

http://aaisp.net.uk/maxmagic.html

This link should explain things. But generally it should stop after a few days once the line realises it cant perform at the current settings, the sync speed will then lower slightly so your connection becomes more stable.

If you are not being upgraded then their sounds like there is a fault on your line, you should submit a ticket to Plusnet detailing the problems.
N/A

Sit it out?

thanks a lot for the help and link phear - if I know it's to do with the upgrades then it's slightly less annoying...
N/A

Sit it out?

I am in the same boat heh, it does suck :lol: Wink