cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since the BT crash

N/A

Since the BT crash

I have had no problems for ages, but since that BT crash i am having webpages delays, pings on game servers which i know i get 40-70 ping but now is gettin between 180-280 which is pathetic.
Nothing but problems since that crash.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Since the BT crash

> I have had no problems for ages, but since that BT crash i am having webpages delays, pings on game servers which i know i get 40-70 ping but now is gettin between 180-280 which is pathetic.
> Nothing but problems since that crash.
Hi there,
Have you reset your ADSL equipment? Disconnect your ADSL modem from the wall for an hour and reconnect - this is known to have cleared many ADSL faults that appeared during/after the BT problems.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

no still getting the same, done what you said and my ping times are well down... I have been playing on these servers for ages and i have never had a problem. Since this BT crash i have had problems.
N/A

> no still getting the same, done what you said and my ping times are well down... I have been playing on these servers for ages and i have never had a problem. Since this BT crash i have had problems.

There is no obvious suggestion for this, our bandwdith usage is the same now as it was before the problems, so it seems that most people are getting their normal transfer rates.

The only thought I have is that one of our pipes might be under load. when you connect you are routed down one of 5 ADSL pipes. There is a chance that when you reconnected you got put back through the same one. Perhaps you could try disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times to see if you do get a better connection eventually?

Have you applied the MTU changes to your machine as recommended on the portal?

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Suppport
N/A

Wait for an hour!!!!!!!!!
This is supposed to be an age of technological revolution, surely it doesn't take a whole hour to reset s piece of equipment. Bring back steam power!