cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up to ADSL, but no mail... anyone help?

N/A

Signed up to ADSL, but no mail... anyone help?

Hi

I signed up to the Home ADSL service, and have been provided with my mail address for use... BUT I can seemingly receive NO email into this account.
I was provided with the default mail address of "subtract@subtract.plus.com" (hmmm.. the "minus" name was already taken) and have also been mailed that I should use "postmaster@subtract.plus.com". I can send mail from my account and it gets received fine, but if I reply, or even try to mail myself from within the account, I get nothing in my inbox! What's going on? The only return message I get (from my work Notes mail account) is this : "Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: subtract.plus.com: host not found)"

The support guys are looking at it, but anyone else have any suggestions/similar problems...?

Thanks
Andy
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Signed up to ADSL, but no mail... anyone help?

OK, no problem - the support line helped me out. Though it did take 2nd line support to be able to tell me that mail accounts do not get activated until 4am the following day. There was nothing telling me this during order placement, in the mails I was sent to confirm my order & mail account, nor by the 1st line support desk... in fact I am sure the mail sent to me implied that my mail account were all "ready to use". Not so.

> Hi
>
> I signed up to the Home ADSL service, and have been provided with my mail address for use... BUT I can seemingly receive NO email into this account.
> I was provided with the default mail address of "subtract@subtract.plus.com" (hmmm.. the "minus" name was already taken) and have also been mailed that I should use "postmaster@subtract.plus.com". I can send mail from my account and it gets received fine, but if I reply, or even try to mail myself from within the account, I get nothing in my inbox! What's going on? The only return message I get (from my work Notes mail account) is this : "Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: subtract.plus.com: host not found)"
>
> The support guys are looking at it, but anyone else have any suggestions/similar problems...?
>
> Thanks
> Andy

Community Veteran

RE: Signed up to ADSL, but no mail... anyone help?

Andrew

I know from experience of setting up several accounts on Plusnet that you can use your email straight away for sending but you need to wait at least 24 hrs after initial setup before you can receive mail.
I am sure that in the sign pages up it does tell you this.

John