cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for plusnet on thur still heard nothing.

N/A

I am attempting to migrate from BT to plus.net and i signed up on thur, but still heard nothing................ no email no nothing. This isn't looking promising.

Does anyone know if this is normal?
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

You should have received an email to your Alternative Email address (if you entered one) otherwise your postmaster@username.plus.com should have all your emails in it. This will be setup for you already. Try checking that one using http://webmail.plus.net.

Otherwise, click on Connection Settings to the left under "My Account" and choose the ADSL Tracker. This will give you all the information relating to the status of your order.
N/A

Thanks for you help. I registered without an alternative email.

. i tried to login in with:

username+postmaster

but wouldnt login. Just took me back to the same page.

then i logged in using just my username but it said "There are no messages in your Inbox"

There is another problem on your faq it states MAC keys "always begins with the letters BBIP or FTIP" but mine began with an S is this normal? Could i be mistaken given the heavy indian accent of BT's cancellation team? Although i did double check with them.
LiamM
Grafter

Was it STIP? If so, I would imagine you may have taken it down incorrectly.

What I would do is just give PN Support a quick call on 0845 1400200, they should be able to clarify things for you and check on your order.

Your username for email will be just 'username'. Only additional mailboxes with have the '+mailbox' attachment.
N/A

Yep i took STIP down from BT. I called support; the guy who answered wasn't really aware that MAC's were supposed to begin with B or F and suggested that i should wait until my order has been processed although a day or two has passed already.

I guess there is nothing i can do now until the BT's cancellation lines open and then i check the number with them.
LiamM
Grafter

Your order will fail if it is wrong. It can sometimes take a few days for these things to go through the BT checking process.
N/A

Finally got everything sorted, got the correct MAC from BT and updated plus.net records using that support number. I just hope that my order gets processed soon.