Did you mean: 

N/A

Just looked on contact us about my new adsl and it says

Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
New Action Incompatible Rented Products added

What does it mean?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Did you have an ISDN line before you upgraded to ADSL?
N/A

no

I've got another phone line do I need to re apply or can I amend the phone number on the rejected application
Community Veteran

First you need to understand why your original request was rejected before trying another phone line, so I suggest you contact PlusNet for more information.
N/A

I would follow Peter's advice.

Your second line, maybe an alteration of your current line to allow two lines, rather than running a brand new second line. This line alteration is not compatible with ADSL. It's just a guess, so check with PN
N/A

Customer support said they didn't know why and to cotact bt but I think its to do with it IT box in the bar.

So can I amend the phone number on the original application or do I start again?
Community Veteran

Ask PlusNet as this is not a normal situation that gets reported here.

Also as said above, if your 2nd line goes through the same route it may fail for the same reason.

You really do need to understand why your first request was rejected so I would do as PlusNet suggest and contact BT to find out what this box is. I've no idea what an 'IT box' is. If it's a DACs then that may be used to allow your 2nd line and is not compatible with ADSL anyway. You mention a bar, so could this be related to a payphone perhaps?
N/A

An "it box" is a games/quiz machine etc that also provides wifi internet access.

The order is now going through on the other number no problem. Is there an isue with payphones and adsl?
N/A

Yes, if the line is assigned as a payphone line by BT, more so if you hire the equipment of BT.
LiamM
Grafter

I had this problem on a line running DACS. I have 6 lines into my premises and only 3 lines down from the main BT post outside.

Failed on two of the lines which were running through the DACS but worked fine when I ordered it on a standalone line. I wasn't sure which ones were running through the DACS system so I had to register by trial and error.

DACS is basically where BT split one line into two to provide in effect 2 seperate lines. Because of the signal of ADSL, you cant get it on a line which has been split. It must be a dedicated line. Give BT a ring and ask them if this is the case and get them to com and install another standalone line rather than have them split. I believe they do (or did for a while) this free of charge... but they are BT so no doubt may charge you.

Hope this helps!

Liam