cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutdown problems since ADSL

N/A

Hi,

Can anyone plese help. I have XP and if I connect to the internet then when I come to shutdown my computer it sticks on 'saving settings' message and wont power off.
I have all the latest patches for XP and only shuts down fine If I do not connect to the internet.
I am having to switch the power off which I know can cause problems.
3 REPLIES
N/A

YOu said if you dont connect the net you have no problem ..! before you shat down do you disconnect the internet and any runnig software. This might be one of the reason . or might be some of the new thing you just installed
N/A

Normaly this is because you are using a network card with the power option this device can bring the pc out of standby.

If the net is active you try to shut down but then you get data and it keeps it alive. If you have a network card and router change the power setting. If its a modem there may be asimliar option for the modem or logg off the net before shutting down
N/A

Same problem occurs. I'm using win2k. But sometimes I can't disconnect it properly if I have been using ADSL for hours. If the ADSL is disconnected first, then there is no problem with shuting down.