cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shout if you have slow downloads

N/A

Shout if you have slow downloads

Ever since my plusnet ADSL was set up, I've had very poor download speeds -as in the download speeds are mostly very much less than the upload speeds.

I've informed PlusNet who admitted there was a problem and that I was not the only one.

My question is, who else is experiencing really bad download speeds?
Speak up!
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Shout if you have slow downloads

> Ever since my plusnet ADSL was set up, I've had very poor download speeds -as in the download speeds are mostly very much less than the upload speeds.
>
> I've informed PlusNet who admitted there was a problem and that I was not the only one.
>
> My question is, who else is experiencing really bad download speeds?
> Speak up!

Now way, I do not believe that I'm the only one with this problem!
N/A

mines fine at approx 60kb

what does a test at
http://www.world-of-adsl.com/speedtest.html

show your speed as?
N/A

mines fine at approx 60kb

what does a test at
http://www.world-of-adsl.com/speedtest.html

show your speed as?
N/A

I get 15kbytes/sec from that world adsl speed test site...Not very good i must say. I've been on Plus.net a month now and i constantly have speeds that slow. the best i have seen is about 30kbytes/sec download, while i can upload at 24kbytes/sec!

Why is thisHuh Is it to do with the contention ratios?
N/A

> I get 15kbytes/sec from that world adsl speed test site...Not very good i must say. I've been on Plus.net a month now and i constantly have speeds that slow. the best i have seen is about 30kbytes/sec download, while i can upload at 24kbytes/sec!
>
> Why is thisHuh Is it to do with the contention ratios?

I get 28kbps from the test. I'm waiting for Tech Support to get back to me on a ticket that I raised with them a few days ago re my connection speeds.