cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I migrate right now? Can I avoid next billing fee?!

N/A

Hi there. I am with PlusNet and I am migrating to Zen.

My next PlusNet billing date is on the 19th. I am not sure whether to migrate right now or not. If I do, I might get into Zen before my next PlusNet billing date, but if it takes more than 3 days to migrate, I might be billed for another month at PlusNet which I am not going to use!!

What should I do?!

Thanks!
8 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

You have to give 30 days notice.
N/A

You are going to get billed what ever you decide to do.
Though I believe you can request a refund for any unused time.
Probably best thing for you to do is give 30 days notice before the 19th, and arrange your migration to happen just before the 30 days are up.
N/A

Hi and thanks. I should have mentioned that i have already given notice of my migration and I have my MAC code as of yesterday. Does this affect things at all?

"I believe you can request a refund for any unused time. "

Is it possible to do this after I migrate? Because presumably I'll no longer be able to access my Customer Support Ticket System after I have migrated - so how do I claim the refund? Thanks!
N/A

It's complicated, I think the refunds only apply to days that you get billed for over and above your 30 days notice.
In your case, if you have just recently given notice then it will only amount to a couple of quid, if that.
How you go about getting it, I've no idea.
There are some threads already covering this subject, it's a nightmare.
N/A

When you migrate your account is simply "downgraded" to a pay as you go. So you still have access to the ticketing system once you've migrated. Just login and request your refund of arrears through that.
N/A

Thanks again for the replies.

So I should make the best of next month's billing and stay with PlusNet until about the 12th of February, when I will migrate and should not be billed for March?

Is this correct? Cheers Cheesy
N/A

when I will migrate and should not be billed for March?

Is this correct? Cheesy

March doesn't come into it.
If you have definitely already given your 30 days notice, not just asked for your mac code, then Jan 19th will be your last billing.
The gap between the end of the 30 days and the 19th Feb is your unused time and should be eligble for a refund
If you haven't given your notice, there is still a couple of days to do it..
Otherwise you will be billed again on Feb 19th.
Community Veteran

Also remember your MAC is only valid for 30 days so it must be used (i.e. given to the other ISP you are migrating to) within that time.