cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing internet connection

N/A

My main computer is connected to the Internet via a Voyager 105 modem. I also have a laptop attached to my main computer via an ethernet cable. Up until recently I have been able to share the connection from my main computer with my laptop. This has suddenly stopped.
Is this something that has been done by Plusnet or is it something to do with my equipment or software?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

Check if you've accidently remove the internet connection sharing (ICS) setting from your main pc. Go to control panel and choose network connection. Click on your usb modem icon, go to properties and click on Advance tab (if you're on win xp). The "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" option should be ticked.
N/A

I'm actually using Macs but, yes, on my main computer the Internet sharing is on: using the ethernet to link and the connection from the Voyager.

I've just this second tried the internet through the laptop again - it works!!!
Now I'm confused!!!!! :?
N/A

I have the same modem(voyager105) and i'm having some problems sharing my BB+ between 2 computers.
to make sure which connection should I share....
the WAN miniport(PPoE) or the Globespan USB Adsl lan Modem?
thanks
N/A

I'm actually using Macs but, yes, on my main computer the Internet sharing is on: using the ethernet to link and the connection from the Voyager.

I've just this second tried the internet through the laptop again - it works!!!
Now I'm confused!!!!! :?

It is normal, software glitch I guess.