cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Connection

N/A

Sharing Connection

I share my connection at home with 4 other chaps I live with (a consequence of house prices here!!)

Anyway, they have started using the webspace to, but as this gives them the password for the account gives access to the route mail, which is myne, this causes me a problem.

Can I then in this case can I either

1. give them a different account to get onto the FTP space?

2. make the route mail a different password to that of the account, without creating a mailbox

Cheers,

Russ

(scuse the english.... been on the phone in spanish all day...)
4 REPLIES
N/A

Sharing Connection

If you know PHP/MySQL, then you could set up a web interface to upload files to your webspace for each individual, using their own passwords...

although this is qutie a programming task to achieve to your specifications, and you need to check with Plus Net about security issues.
N/A

Sharing Connection

You can use Invision File Manager to do exactly what mwong described. It does mean they have access to the CGI server (as opposed toe regular www server), but it makes no difference - you can still host files.

[Moderator note (by acarr) : Fixed URL tags]
N/A

Sharing Connection

Hmmm I'd rather them use the other webspace as they are just putting pics and stuff up and not a good use of the limited cgi folder... is there any other way at all?

Cheers,

Russ
N/A

Sharing Connection

The cgi server used to be limited, but not anymore. You can spread the load across all three servers (WWW, FP and CGI) if you like, as long as the total is not more than 50 or 250mb (depending on your account type). So them uploading pictures to the CGI server is fine.