cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for a Dlink DSL-G604T

N/A

Hi there .... Cheesy

Has anyone got a Dlink DSL-G604T wireless router? If so, what are the settings used to connect to PlusNet?

Thanks in advance ....
22 REPLIES
KJS
Grafter

Have pm'd you !
Regards

Keith
N/A

I also have one, if you need anything let me know.
N/A

Thanks chaps. I'll have a fiddle with it (the router) and let you know.

Thanks again, this is very decent of you ...
N/A

I also have the G64T.
I have not set this up yet as I am awaiting for my ADSL activation to be completed.
I would be very interested in any advice on setting up this router.
N/A

First and foremost, get the firmware upgraded if it needs it.

ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-g604t/DSL-G604T_FW_v1.00B02T02.UK.20040618.zip

It is all quite straight forward to get up and running.
N/A

I have already downloaded this, but ont installed it yet. I was waiting for my ADSL service to be activated incase upgrading the firmware causes problems.
N/A

My D-Link DSL-G604T doesn't work ! by my Vigor 2600WE does !

Hi Guys,

I've tried for ages to get my DSL-G604T working wth no joy. I put the same settings into my Vigor 2600WE and straight away it connected!

Does any body else have this issue with the D-Link ? What settings have you used to connect ? Any help would be great.

Many Thanks
Graham
N/A

Hi, I purchased a DSL-G604T on saturday, previously I was using a Origo ASR8400, all I had to do was put my username and password into 'connection1' of the setup page and it went straight using the settings that were already there. Upgraded the formware after that, restoring the settings with the config I'd saved and setup the wireless for me laptop - all in less that an hour!!
Chris
N/A

Start with a Factory Reset (important)

In DSL Setup, select GDMT

go in to Connection1 in SETUP -> WAN
Type is PPPOA
tick NAT and Firewall

PPP settings are VC, enter username, password
tick set route

PVC settings are 0 38 and UBR

Getting it to connect to plus net is that simple. However, if I were looking for a router and was looking at a G604T on the shop shelf. I would turn around and run away.
N/A

...However, if I were looking for a router and was looking at a G604T on the shop shelf. I would turn around and run away.

Why whats wrong with it - I am considering either this model or the Belkin 7630. Any views / comments?
N/A

I have a DSL-G604T and it is the 3rd D-Link product I have owned and I have been satisfied with them in the past.

However, the DSL-G604T seems to be a rushed product, that is released too early. The software (firmware) is flaky and does not give you any confidence in the thing. The web interface actually looks like it has been written by a 10 year old for a hobby project. For example, you can not even set the date and time properly!

The telephone support people just say 'you will just have to wait until the developers get the software sorted out'.
I noted that the firmware is country specific and other countries have later versions so I assume these will come to the UK in the fullness of time. But I would buy something else rather than wait for them to get it sorted. I have replaced it with a Draytek unit (more expensive) and it will be on Ebay this evening.

I came accross this Belkin review you may find helpful
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2004/q4/belkin-f5d7630-4a.asp
N/A

Hi there,

I got one of these at the weekend and had my internet transferred to it and up and running in less than 10mins - stupidly easy. half an hour later I had a pc laptop and apple Ibook all working off it.

However, I do have 2 questions as a first-time wireless user - how do I stop anyone from using my broadband (is it a WEP key and is it easy to set up with g604T?).

And how do I set up a wireless LAN so my laptops and desktop can all see each other...and use the printer?

Any help gratefully received.
N/A

N/A

thanks for the redirection.