cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up home network with web server and IP camera

N/A

Hi, I am new to plusnet and very impressed with the service so far.

I have applied for and been issued with a block of static IP addresses as I have some machines that I need to be able to work with outside my home (a NAS, a IP camera and later a small web server). However I have not been able to find out how to configure this with my Draytek 2500V router.

I am pretty computer literate but having spent several hours searching though these forums and the plus FAQ's i just cant find the detailed description of how to do this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

Not sure exactly what your trying to achieve, but if your wanting to access these machines externally and separately by IP address then you'll need to setup a MultiNAT.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_multinat.html

Does this help?
N/A

HI Cobber, thanks for your note. What I had planned to do was to setup my IP cam and NAS with separate IP addresses from my block and connect them to my router and I assumed that I would be able to see them from the interenet, however thats does not seem to work.

The link you sent looks as though it will allow me to do what I want, I am away from home for a few days but I will have a look at the weekend.
N/A

Um looks as though the problem is that my router does not support Non-Nat or MultiNat, which would explain why I could not work out how to configure it.

Its a pretty new router but it looks as though I will have to replace it. anyone got any recommendations for good routers to work with PLus Net using public IP addresses?
N/A

Um looks as though the problem is that my router does not support Non-Nat or MultiNat, which would explain why I could not work out how to configure it.

Its a pretty new router but it looks as though I will have to replace it. anyone got any recommendations for good routers to work with PLus Net using public IP addresses?

Hi there and welcome,

I would suggest the D-Link DSL504. This is a No-NAT router and I know to work on the PN network.
I also know someone who has done exactly what you have done so far yet has used 2 routers so that the use of an internal network is also possible.

Regards,