cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting PlusNet 2MB bband up on my new PC

N/A

I cannot for the life of me remember how to do it. I have installed the modem but it is currently unplugged as I am using it on this PC for support.

I have my PlusNet username and password but what else do I need to set up? Obviously don't need a phone number... or do I?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What modem is it?
N/A

Speedtouch USB - I am using it perfectly well right now on this (my old) machine!
N/A

The settings on this page might be useful to you. The "Getting connected" menu on the right hand side offers advice for setting up the connection on a number of different Operating Systems.
N/A

That guide mentions putting a phone number in - I thought you didn't do that with ADSL? I can't remember what the number was - I've got one here but it is an 0845 local rate number - doesn't that mean I will be paying per minute?
N/A

Ah you're right - those link to dialup setup guides. ADSL doesn't require a phone number, just ignore those pages!
N/A

Erm... so which pages should I be referring to?
Community Veteran

If you just need the ADSL user and pass I can tell you those.

Edit not the pass only you know that!
holdtight
Grafter

I do remember way back that windows 98/98se required 0,38 in the number bit but i dont think this still applies with later op systems
i know its not needed for xp
N/A

I figured it out - when going thru the new connection wizard, you need to choose "dial-up" instead of "broadband" or ADSL or whatever it is. Works fine now.