cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server probs

N/A

Server probs

I am still not able to connect to many sites. If I try again a few minutes later many are available. So sorry but the problem has NOT been fixed.

Di I need to raise a ticket or is this enough of a general problem for the team to look into it generally.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Server probs

> I am still not able to connect to many sites. If I try again a few minutes later many are available. So sorry but the problem has NOT been fixed.
>
> Di I need to raise a ticket or is this enough of a general problem for the team to look into it generally.

------------------------------------------------
delete temp internet cache
---------------------------------------
make sure you are not using proxy server in internet settings
---------------------------------------------
N/A

change ur dns servers to
212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50
N/A

> change ur dns servers to
> 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50

Have changed the DNS and no proxy settings can you remind me where the temp internet cache is, lost it and it stays stubornly lost!
N/A

> > change ur dns servers to
> > 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50
>
> Have changed the DNS and no proxy settings can you remind me where the temp internet cache is, lost it and it stays stubornly lost!

Some instructions on the service page about this, thanks for the help.
N/A

A lot of machines will cache DNS reposonces.

The worst part is, they even cache no address results.

This means, next time you try to visit a site, the IP is pulled fromt he cache, msot of the time, resulting in the existing DNS error.

The quickest method, restart the computer, and the DNS cache should be cleared.
N/A

> A lot of machines will cache DNS reposonces.
>
> The worst part is, they even cache no address results.
>
> This means, next time you try to visit a site, the IP is pulled fromt he cache, msot of the time, resulting in the existing DNS error.
>
> The quickest method, restart the computer, and the DNS cache should be cleared.

------------------
If you're running 2000 or XP, you can go to Start -> Run and type ipconfig /flushdns [return] then ipconfig /registerdns

That flushes the cache.
--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm